1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How hackable is Whatsapp web?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Crabbleite, Mar 14, 2021.

I only use WhatsApp via a phone app.

However, I was wondering how safe/vulnerable WhatsApp web is to hacking?

I mean, it seems you neve to scan a QR code from the phone linked to the account in order to be able to use the WhatsApp web app.

So not sure how someone would get around this without access to your phone?

And if you simply do not use the WhatsApp web desktop app and do not install it on your computer, it is difficult to see how anyone could hack you except by installing malware on your phone, right?

Or is it somehow possinle for a hacker to install the WhatApp desktop app on their computer and get into your account without having access to your phone?

Crabbleite, Mar 14, 2021 IP
  2. DaEmma

DaEmma Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    NO. You must have the target phone and use it to scan the QR code. BTW the account is linked to the device. You can subsequently transfer the sim to another phone and use it normally. The old phone, even without the sim, will continue to send and receive whatsapp messages so long as the sim in the new phone is not used to install the application or activate the account.

To be on the safe side, the best way to stay secure is to use only apps and services from official sources. WhatsApp offers a web client for you to use on any computer, known as WhatsApp Web. There are also official apps for Android, iPhone, macOS, and Windows devices.

DaEmma, Apr 22, 2021 IP