1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Google find it

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by raoteck, Dec 10, 2004.

When ever i connect to internet

i got a new ip... right,,?

and if i click once only on one ad ...

then how google will know that ...

this is fraud...

Just a question...

I am not doing this.. :)

raoteck, Dec 10, 2004 IP
    yfs1 likes this.
  2. eduardomaio

eduardomaio Peon

Best Answers:
    Because they are watching you... They are the Big Brother! Look behind you!

Of course you don't want to click your ads, that's why you asked about it...

eduardomaio, Dec 10, 2004 IP
  3. raoteck

raoteck Peon

Best Answers:
    I just want to know about the system ...

and also about IP system..

raoteck, Dec 10, 2004 IP
  4. stephaneggy

stephaneggy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its not easy cheatable, they have very complicated systems about it.

Just play fair :D thats the only way such systems can excist

stephaneggy, Dec 10, 2004 IP
  5. melfan

melfan Peon

Best Answers:
    The answer is they wont. If your blocking their cookies they dont have any means to track you down. since your IP is unique everytime you dial they may think your a new visitor and the click is valid. BUT its not simple as it is, When you often do this they can detect your regional location just by analyzing your IP ranges (It may come with same ISP). They also gather Timezone, Desktop Setting, Time Logon and Browser Used, If you will put all this together it will create a perfect profile that can identify you and raise a red flag that will lead you to banishment from Adsense program. So in short dont do it. :)

melfan, Dec 10, 2004 IP
  6. raoteck

raoteck Peon

Best Answers:
    Good .. You have strong knowledge

But i have different isps services and different operating system..

then How it is possible..

I just want to say that yes it is possible..

but it is not advised to do because with this action you earnning will be in danger..

raoteck, Dec 10, 2004 IP
  7. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    No one knows how it works because Google obviously won't tell because there's dodgy people like you and QLL etc. who keep ruining it for the rest.

I hope you try to beat their system... I'm sure you'll fail and get kicked out. One less dodgy person showing our Ads.

T0PS3O, Dec 10, 2004 IP
  8. NewComputer

NewComputer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello, my name is qll... oops.

The bottom line is if you block their cookies and have a new ip everytime you login they can't.

I hope that assists you in your ultimate goal...

NewComputer, Dec 10, 2004 IP
  9. dejaone

dejaone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    google uses very sophisticated algorithm to detect click fraud - ip, cookie, click patterns. certain patterns will decrease your EPC is not got banned.

dejaone, Dec 10, 2004 IP
  10. disgust

disgust Guest

Best Answers:
    even that isn't true, though..

somehow I'm guessing if you have 500 clicks that all trace to the same roughy geographic area, and few if any clicks apart from that, google's not going to be happy.

disgust, Dec 10, 2004 IP
  11. melfan

melfan Peon

Best Answers:
    It wont apply to all sites though, considering that there are approved sites that serves only a specific regional area.

@raoteck - dont try to beat them because sooner or later they will beat you. never underestimate the technology such google have.

melfan, Dec 10, 2004 IP
  12. disgust

disgust Guest

Best Answers:
    that's true. I'm not suggesting they just use any one thing to set of a trigger (unless it's really extreme), but there are a LOT of things that they can use

it's going to be from the same rough ip block if you're just reconnecting to a dialup isp (unless you have one like aol), it's going to be from the same location, and there are going to be "click surges"... if you have 200 clicks within a few hours, and nothing the rest of the day, that wouldn't look good

google doesn't need to prove you're guilty, they just need to have enough evidence to suggest that they'd prefer to have you out of the program than in it

disgust, Dec 10, 2004 IP
  13. melfan

melfan Peon

Best Answers:
    I strongly agree. As I said earlier their best bet on finding a culprit is thru profiling (time click + timezone + browser + resolution + geographic location).

melfan, Dec 10, 2004 IP
  14. darksat

darksat Guest

Best Answers:
    Also if the ammount of clicks is disproportionate to the ammount of pageviews its a dead giveaway.

darksat, Dec 10, 2004 IP
  15. NewComputer

Best Answers:
    As Shawn has always said, don't do anything wrong and don't worry about it. We dont really know WHAT Google is doing to monitor and track, but whatever it is, they are the best at it right now.

As for the geographic... I can't say I agree there. If I market only to my specific area but do a killer job advertising local and am able to drive tonnes of traffic (say a bar or a restaurant) and people click through alot because of great targetted ads by AdSense, I cant see G getting upset over that. Shaw cable owns the area I live in for ISP services. A lot of clicks in my city would result in almost indentical IP addresses.

I just let G worry about it, they know what they are doing. As for these clowns (qll, this guy here), they have no right to be part of the AdSense program and there should be bonuses from Google for reporting these clowns and getting them booted from G. Forum hosts could report IP's and they could match them to the questions they ask etc...

16. melfan

melfan Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes your right but disgust is trying to point out is, generating 200 clicks in an hour for a specific time cycle would be bad for googles eyes.

melfan, Dec 10, 2004 IP
  17. disgust

disgust Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm not saying if you get traffic from a specific area you're in risk of being booted, my point was simply there's a LOT that google can look at. suspicious click patterns + all clicks originating from the same area (especially if the site doesn't look like it'd only appeal to one area..) would certainly be quite bad in my eyes

disgust, Dec 10, 2004 IP
  18. NewComputer

Best Answers:
    Gotcha, yea that makes sense. I wasn't trying to call you out ;). I just misunderstood what you were saying.

19. oziii

oziii Peon

Best Answers:
    just dont do it - its too risky.

spend your time writing good content and you'll find people will come and look after clicking on your ads for you.

oziii, Dec 10, 2004 IP