1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Google Chrome Will Win 51% Market Share by 2010

Discussion in 'Google' started by gyutae, Sep 4, 2008.

1. geegel

geegel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Whether Chrome is actually better than FF is largely irrelevant. It will be the advertising that makes the difference. Take IE for example. Everyone agrees that it is the crappiest browser on the market, still it holds the largest slice of the pie.

The truly sad part is that Chrome will expand by cutting into FF's market share. IE will continue to be the browser of choice for the vast majority of people who are simply not interested in seeing the alternatives, although this market share will continue the current trend and erode slowly over time.

Just my 2c.

Regards, George

geegel, Sep 5, 2008 IP
  2. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Then you are also saying much of CSS doesn't work in Safari, which isn't true. You are also saying that WebKit doesn't work right, yet WebKit is bleeding edge standards compliance.

drhowarddrfine, Sep 5, 2008 IP
  3. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Chrome, right now, has 1% market share after four days. That's more than Opera.

4. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Or did you think it's just good? A lousy product won't get used.

5. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    LinkIE loses market share again while Firefox gains again[/url]

6. lycos

lycos Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The only way they could win is because they can use their Search Engine to promote and use it to their advantage. If the core basic functions of the browser is not up to standard, nobody will continue to use it anyway. So hopefully they live up to expectation or else their target may not be achievable.

lycos, Sep 5, 2008 IP
  7. circlecity

circlecity Active Member

Best Answers:
    I used it for a while and liked it a lot. It seemed faster than the others. I also like how it's being designed for today's web and applications.

circlecity, Sep 5, 2008 IP
  8. angilina

angilina Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think Chrome really can win that such market shares, or may be more :)

But for Chrome to do that, there needs to be a stable version of Chrome with lots of addons available like Firefox.

angilina, Sep 5, 2008 IP
  9. onlyhuman

onlyhuman Peon

Best Answers:
    I think chrome needs a lot more work and add-on customization features. I tried it out, and while it's fast, I did see some css issues. If anything, it will be popular in the short term and push other browsers, like firefox, to add better features to their product (i.e. speed).

I think the benefits of competition will help all users. Do I see it being the number one browser in 2 years? Not at the state it is in right now.

onlyhuman, Sep 5, 2008 IP
  10. elfsites

elfsites Peon

Best Answers:
    Just, no.

Look at Google Talk. It got released 2 years ago, and ya...

elfsites, Sep 5, 2008 IP
    geegel likes this.
  11. baybossplaya

baybossplaya Active Member

Best Answers:
    i wouldnt go that far... chrome may not be a hit but cuil is beyond garbage....

baybossplaya, Sep 5, 2008 IP
  12. Saiyanora

Saiyanora Peon

Best Answers:
    No chance.

Firefox gained a large chunk of its market share due to the IE 6 being so poor (security, features, and speed.) Its launched at an optimum time, the only other browser that had a similar feature set was Opera -- which was had to be bought. If Opera was free from day one, it probably would have the market share Firefox enjoys. Whilst on the other hand, Microsoft didn't seem to care...

Now compare that to Chrome and the current market. Chrome offers very little that Firefox, Opera, IE, or Safari do not have. Second, since it is open source you can see any major features being quickly "copied" to the other browsers. Yet on the other hand, Chrome is featureless compared to the others. No toolbars (for those who actually use them...), no ad blocking, etc.

Will Chrome ever feature ad blocking? Perhaps in a branch, but I can't see Google putting that into their browser. They make too much from advertising!

You also have to remember that Chromes current market share is mostly just geeks and web site authors checking the program out.

Saiyanora, Sep 5, 2008 IP
  13. hlln

hlln Peon

Best Answers:
    Certainly they will not get over 20% over the market share you know why ? They need to release an OS before they could get high rants on the Browser market share. They will not eventually get any hold on China Market.

People mostly still uses IE6 and IE7 because its default for the OS's related to Microsoft . They still rule the browser Marketshare not FF Not Opera Not even anything else.

Regarding to what I say I am using Safari I hate IE but still that doesn't change the fact that IE crushes them all.

hlln, Sep 5, 2008 IP
  14. abercrombie

abercrombie Peon

Best Answers:
    google is already eating away at firefox and opera from two day stats after initial release. it's already at 1% which took some browsers years to achieve. ms seems to be maintaining steady so it's canibalizing the small players at the moment before heading for the big dog.

abercrombie, Sep 5, 2008 IP
  15. ourktm

ourktm Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I am not that positive that google chrome will be the leader in the browser industry by 2010. The name google itself will not get them on top. I mean the name google tells to me that it is a search engine and I believe that the majority of the internet users know google as a search engine more and less as an email provider, a browser and so on.

There are already a majority of firefox users, internet explorer users who will stick to their own browser. I am not willing to stop using firefox for any other browser. So for google to be on the top of the browser market it will take something really big.

ourktm, Sep 5, 2008 IP
  16. clookid

clookid Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm already using it, and enjoying my experience. It's quick to launch, quick to use and doesn't hog my resources too much. It's similar to Safari in a lot of ways, but the interface is nicer. :p

clookid, Sep 5, 2008 IP
    Will.Spencer likes this.
  17. Hyphen

Hyphen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google Chrome could get big.

Hyphen, Sep 5, 2008 IP
  18. [ch]dan

[ch]dan Peon

Best Answers:
    may take as long as gmail did lol remember how long that was?

[ch]dan, Sep 5, 2008 IP
  19. LakeCountry

LakeCountry Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I predict that Chrome will be like so many of Google's other "latest and greatest" projects, it will remain in beta for at least 2 years without any significant improvements.

LakeCountry, Sep 5, 2008 IP
  20. dolin88

dolin88 Banned

Best Answers:
    i can barely remember the name chrome.

dolin88, Sep 5, 2008 IP