1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Good is the Nikon D40x

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by homebizseo, Aug 25, 2008.

1. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    I got the D40 MIMM. From what I read the D60 is a better camera, The professor was pushing the d40 and I got a package kit with 3 lenses, extra battery grips and an array of products.

homebizseo, Aug 28, 2008 IP
  2. flippers.be

flippers.be Peon

Best Answers:
    Congratulations..
    now go to the library and get some decent books about photography so you already know the basics before you start class :)
    and don't forget to read the manual of your camera so you know what it can and where in the menu settings you find certain things;. and just experiment.

I don't have a D40 but am also busy with photography so you may always pm me if you have questions..

Mella: Canon and Nikon both make good cameras. Sony too.. There just aren't 'bad' dslr cameras on the market. All brands make very similar quality products for about the same prices. When shopping for a new dslr camera, you just have to define what your budget is and what features you like most.
    If there is one specific type of photography you want to do (at night, closeups, ..) one model can be better than another. But for 'general' photography like most people do, any dslr camera will be good enough.

Also see if you want to upgrade later with new lenses and check now what these cost (as said before, one model can use cheaper lenses than another).
    But if you just want to buy a camera with 1 or 2 lenses and don't plan to upgrade later, just go to a store, find the models in your price range and hold them in your hand..
    Size, weight and shape is different between the brands and that decides for most people if they will buy Canon or Nikon or something else. Not megapixels or features, as these are usually very similar.

flippers.be, Aug 29, 2008 IP
  3. mimm

mimm Banned

Best Answers:
    Congratulations! Welcome to Nikoners Club, hehe...
    You will enjoy the camera.
    Anyway, about the professor, is he a photography professor? Do you follow a photography class?

mimm, Aug 29, 2008 IP
  4. travellerspoint

travellerspoint Banned

Best Answers:
    travellerspoint, Aug 29, 2008 IP
  5. mimm

mimm Banned

Best Answers:
    mimm, Aug 29, 2008 IP
  6. MELLA

MELLA Peon

Best Answers: