1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How far does $20 go in India?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by CTThompson, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Refresher

Refresher Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That's the reason because Indian Economy is going down and the rupee dollar conversion ratio is increasing...that's why value of $ is increasing in India
    Seriously guys, you should consider reading few books of inflation and recession

Refresher, Mar 14, 2009 IP
  2. jeewant_gupta_051275

jeewant_gupta_051275 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The Dollar is up because of the changed tax policies and protectionism imposed by the Obama government. Indians have a tendency to save money, and it is good, you don't need books to understand an obvious thing like this.
    Inflation- more money chasing few goods, due to which the value of the goods increases. This makes them more expensive. Inflation in India was high in last half of 07 and first 3 quarters of 08 because of the low interest rates by the banks, which made cash available to the buyer- easily. Inflation is low now because of the reduced oil costs and the tightening done by government in liquidity in mid 2008. The liquidity is eased again now, interest rates have fallen again and therefore, we should see inflation going back to around 4%.
    Need more bookish knowledge in INFLATION AND RECESSION? Anyways, I still don't see the connection between the habit of saving for the rainy day and recession! You might enlighten me on that. In fact, if you have some money saved, you can survive the recession, and that's EXACTLY what I meant by saying that the Indians are doing better in these times of upheaval

jeewant_gupta_051275, Mar 15, 2009 IP
  3. ambitious

ambitious Peon

Best Answers:
    How can u call my country a economically depressed country ???? you've gone nutz probably.Just think before u write anything... and u r saying 20$ wont pay up ur dinner bill unless u go at a cheap place.I would like to explain you... it depends on cos of living & standardness.. Here in INDIA.. the market is very versatile Here i get tender coconut at just 20cents and the same I go to a posh locality in same city and the tender coconut costs me 1$ that is five times difference. & moreover as i think here people can live in any circumstances we are brought up in an environment where we can adjust where as a person in USA cannot adjust small things, a person in India loses a job he says F**k off to his boss and walks out even in recession times, but in USA people suicide :p and I see people here making a living at 10$ per month & I guess in USA u cannot have your day with 10$ here in metro's if you have 50$ you can enjoy a weekend with disco and drink for a couple & if posh then 100$ so compare urself.. INDIA was the richest country in whole world we had the highest gold reserves, all the valued gems are from INDIA as we knew to cut and shape it, but after our goodness was misused by some people.. which u can read here http://islamicterrorism.wordpress.com/2009/01/29/who-looted-india-more-the-muslims-or-the-british/
    & think 100 times before calling INDIA a "so called" economically depressed country

ambitious, Mar 15, 2009 IP
  4. performer

performer Peon

Best Answers:
    If spent properly then 20$ can go for a week only for our expenses n for family I will go for 2-3 days.

performer, Mar 15, 2009 IP
  5. crazlunatic

crazlunatic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    wow all you indians who've discovered internet money making must be rich in your country by now

crazlunatic, Mar 15, 2009 IP
  6. jeewant_gupta_051275

Best Answers:
    The problem is that many people are coming to terms with online money making, which of course, is pushing some of the non-competent ones to reduce the price. Free market and its powers are working at their best- The only problem is that people purchasing such services need to ensure that quality is not compromised.

7. Refresher

Refresher Notable Member

Best Answers:
    He's right. It's up to the native people of the english-speaking nations or in that case any buyer to check whether the person is a good writer or not, and not entirely contract the person on his low prices ;) The lesser the rate, the lower is the quality, and lower is the reliability of the person- that's the bottom line

Refresher, Mar 15, 2009 IP
    kanwarjot likes this.
  8. jeewant_gupta_051275

Best Answers:
    I was not only talking about content here. IT services, hotels, tourism- everything. Another thing that needs to be considered here is that $1 buy virtually nothing in the States, but it is equivalent to 50rs. in India, so it may be a low amount for States residents, but its still a managable amount for those in third world countries, so they would be striving to give good quality at those rates.
    THe bottom line is- check the services if they sound too good, they are not always that great. At times, you might stumble upon a really nice and economical service provider too.

9. kanwarjot

kanwarjot Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The lesser the rate, the lower is the quality, and lower is the reliability of the person- that's the bottom line
    I tend to differ...I have availed cheap services and that were as professional as I desired...
    in some cases it might be true...it depends on what kind of person we rely on...

kanwarjot, Mar 15, 2009 IP
  10. Peyote

Peyote Peon

Best Answers:
    What crap..who designed a £3 site for you? I'm an Indian and I just finished designing a professional wesbtie for someone for $250

Peyote, Mar 15, 2009 IP
  11. ValueForMoney

ValueForMoney Banned

Best Answers:
    $20 means a lot for indian people. I'm not from india but i know that $20 is equivalent to 1000 rupees there.
    if you have 20 then they have 1000. You have to think like this and you will get the whole picture. :)

ValueForMoney, Mar 15, 2009 IP
  12. gr8webseller

gr8webseller Peon

Best Answers:
    it is somewhat great amount in india.

gr8webseller, Mar 15, 2009 IP
  13. suganindia

suganindia Peon

Best Answers:
    $20 per day is an average earning of an indian i would say

suganindia, Mar 15, 2009 IP
  14. debravenswing9012

debravenswing9012 Peon

Best Answers:
    for $20 nothing will get in india

debravenswing9012, Mar 15, 2009 IP
  15. hdwills

hdwills Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    its all subjective, $20 might mean a lot to somebody in India, and may mean nothing but "chillar" to some. Having said that, $20 still can get you good things in India.

hdwills, Mar 15, 2009 IP
  16. Zerosleep

Zerosleep Established User

Best Answers:
    Zerosleep, Mar 15, 2009 IP
  17. hdwills

hdwills Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That video does not make any sense. Do I stop spending simply because somebody cant pay their fees. That is not how economy works.

You stop spending and the poor will become poorer.

hdwills, Mar 15, 2009 IP
  18. Zerosleep

Zerosleep Established User

Best Answers:
    you have a point there but I showed this video with a different meaning take it like.. wat a common man in India would do with 500 INR ;)

Zerosleep, Mar 15, 2009 IP
  19. thewolf32

thewolf32 Active Member

Best Answers:
    In Peru you can get a lot with 20$.

A good dinner you can get for 3$. You can imagine the rest.

thewolf32, Mar 15, 2009 IP
  20. insensible87

insensible87 Guest

Best Answers:
    It depends from person to person. $20 is not a big amount, but if you convert it to Indian Rupess it will be around 1,000.

insensible87, Mar 15, 2009 IP