1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.
  2. Better Analytics for WordPress Get It Free

How far can you go with adsense? (content question)

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by check, Oct 2, 2006.

I know you've seen those videos on Youtube and Google Video of girls 'posing' on their webcams. Is this 'adsense legal'? I have a site that revolves around those types of videos and was wondering if adsense would allow this. Youtube is pretty strict with their videos and Google Video...is Google...I don't see why not

I have already contacted adsense about this but I want to see what you guys think?

ps. Does youtube still use adsense?

check, Oct 2, 2006 IP
  2. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Youtube is a premium publishers, so you can't do what they do. If those girls aren't naked in those videos are suggesting 'sex", then it'll be fine. But if all they're doing is, well, simulating sex or something sexual like that, then you'll get yourself banned.

jackburton2006, Oct 2, 2006 IP
  3. check

check Guest

Best Answers:
    Hmm...I'll just have to see what they'll say, I'm not sure what they'll interpret it as.

Thanks

check, Oct 2, 2006 IP
  4. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    That's the problem. You'll be constantly adding new content, so unless you get their approval for EVERY new content/video you add, you'll still run the risk of having something inappropriate that can get you banned. All it takes is for someone to see something that offends them, click on your ad, and report you to Google. You do realize that it's incredibly easy to report someone using Adsense's ads, right? Ask yourself: "Is the stuff I'm going to be putting sexually suggestive?"

5. check

check Guest

Best Answers:
    Yeah I understand that, I tried to post every kind of video that I would in the future, so Adsense gets what type of site it is.

I'm 40% that I will get accepted, 60% is saying that I will probably not get accepted.

check, Oct 2, 2006 IP
  6. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    You understand what I'm saying, but you're still going to put your lot in with their one-time-only stamp of approval? Again, I have to keep telling newcomers to Adsense: What they say to you now means nothing in the future; they can change their rules, or they might decide you're doing something they don't like, and they can and will still ban you. This initial approval will be generic, along the lines of, "That sounds alright, but please don't go any farther", etc. What is "farther"? That's what you need to worry about, especially if you need to ask them for approval in the first place, it already means you're treading dangerous grounds.

Here, do this: Check your competition, and see if they have Adsense ads on their site. I've seen a ton of new sites with these "sexy" youtube videos that has Adsense for a few weeks, then gets yank later.

P.S. this is as far as I go with this thread. You are on your own from now on.

7. check

check Guest

Best Answers:
    Thank you very much Jack, depending on what they say, I will put it adsense on; I will probably not though. Looks like i'm going to look into some other advertising methods.

check, Oct 2, 2006 IP
  8. Abhik

Abhik ..:: The ONE ::..

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    why dont you just drop adsense on those pages?
    just my 2 cents..

Abhik, Oct 3, 2006 IP
  9. check

check Guest

Best Answers:
    As I thought; I got rejected because I had 'Unacceptable Content'. Oh well. Ideas Anyone..?

check, Oct 3, 2006 IP