1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Exactly to Research Potential Blog Niches?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Noitartst, Feb 12, 2022.

Hello; I started working on a blog once, then gave up, mainly because I didn’t know what I was doing. I worked at SEO-ing, but that was not enough, apparently. Specifically, at this time, I want to work on fitting my blog into a niche, and that is why I’m here, namely to focus-group my ideas with you people, because that seems to me my weakest present link, and I am as yet unsure how precisely to do the pre-requisite research. Please examine my notes, and give suggestions, as I continue to develop my plan, going forward.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Blog Focuses

US Foreign Policy

US Domestic Politics

Pop Culture

Storytelling?

Covering on-going projects, like watching beavers?

Potential Blog Purpose: “What I offer my audience is intellectual weapons—and attitude—to fight—and win—in the culture war, specifically for shell-shocked war hawks, and conservatives tired of getting kicked around by mules for being called “racist.” I offer evidence, logic, and visceral encouragement for the long fight ahead.”

Blog Foreign Policy (SEO) Topics

Sub Topics for My Foreign Policy Blog

Russia

China

Middle East

Morality in Foreign Policy

Attacking the hypocritical anti-war critics

When to use force

Q: Who is my audience? Right-wing hawks? Diplomats? Policymakers?

What can I teach others? Well, basically, I can teach neo-conservatives how to market their ideas better, for one thing; I can teach hawks how to be less defensive inside their policy stances. In all honesty, I think I would make a good advisory voice towards intellectual elites.

Hawk problems come in the form of being seen as too bloodthirsty, and immoral, as warmongers. I dare say that I can solve this problem, inasmuch as I have figured out how to show the anti-war movement is just as ruthless as we are—if not more. This contribution would be invaluable.

Rightist problems largely come from constantly getting clobbered over the head in the name of “Racism!” The solution I offer is simply to counter using leftist, Alinskyite tactics against them, using their own “morals” against them. They want you to apologize for bad behavior of your side? Well, demand in turn that they apologize for their allies, if they truly care about morals; if they apologize, you’ve reached some valuable common ground, and if not, they’ve proven themselves to be hypocrites, which is ample ammo to mock them by, going forward.

As to Sabermetric problems…hm. If I ran a blog on that, I think that I could help by adding some interesting statistical spins of my own to some old issues, if needed. I am nothing, if not a natural analyst.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Hm. If I defined my blog as primarily aimed at right wingers, my blog could well be differentiated by being non-isolationist.

Obstacles: I don’t really read blogs, for starters, so how do I go about researching potential niches? Is there some Google-like search engine for bloggers for this end?

How to get page views?

Q: How to become an expert on “appeasement,” and be ranked for that term?

Question: How much money to expect monthly from a successful blog on these specific topics? I know financial blogs make the most, but I unfortunately don’t want to blog on mammon, really.

How to make money off of the topics I’ve listed? For starters, there aren’t a lot of things I spend money on, over these interests.

Starting out, what’s the higher priority? Getting blog hits, or maximizing blog profitability? THey ain’t the same thing...

Hm. Are there any blogs that make money, just telling stories?

Key Observation: ALWAYS seek out courses on whatever you’re trying to learn!

Promotional Tactics I’m Mulling

Writing for other bloggers

Q; How to find blogs to do so within my desired genres?

Anticipating topics.

SEO-ing

Piterest would be a bad fit for my blog strategy, given it is more into how-tos, unless maybe something linked to WInston Churchill, and appeasement. How it would work inside my topics, specifically news, I don’t know. Me, I just don’t get my news on Pinterest, and I don’t know any who do.

Take blogging courses

Tips

Make posts about viewers

Noitartst, Feb 12, 2022 IP
  2. yaroslav_nz

yaroslav_nz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am against war but specifically against nato aggression so take my views on your question with a grain of salt. (also I try to keep business research separate from political opinions, so this will be the first and probably only time I will talk about it in this type of forum).

Unless you host on a vps your blog / site will probably be shut down or de-dnsed by the "left" anti-war people.... though lately the American left are as bloodthirsty against Russia as the old school right. Actually Trump probably would be against war with Russia.
    (you can tell me why being anti nuclear holocaust is wrong in the DM if you want.) But the woke culture people will definitely shut down your site like they did with that social media that was on AWS servers.

You said your audience are Right Wing Hawks. Is Nick Fuentes a right wing hawk? I think Nick Fuentes and Keith Woods are already good at the culture war analysis. They are using Bitchute and other video platforms to build and audience.

I can only see two ways to monetize such a blog.
    1) sell ammunition and prepper supplies and send your readers / viewers to the store page. Like Alex Jones is doing.
    2) get funding from Prager U, or Raytheon.

Personally I feel the first method is more morally ethical as its more about personal self-defenses and freedom rather ww3 and making the Carlyle Group shareholders rich on the blood of Ukrainians and Russians.

yaroslav_nz, Feb 13, 2022 IP
  3. Noitartst

Noitartst Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In a word, I oppose appeasement on Russia on fundamentally moral terms, and the anti-war crowd doesn't care about abandoning allies, or anything; their thinking is black-and-white, though I have seen a fair share or right-wing appeasers, too, but with them, their stance is a little more pragmatic, and less religious. Peacemongers do want a lot of good things, but they also use that to justify a lot of bad things, and if they truly care care about morality, they shouldn't have a problem with a warmonger like me, or anyone else, for that matter, calling them out for using ends (stopping war) to justify means (abandoning allies and allowing genocide to metastacize like in Syria), should they?

I don't know your political beliefs, but I am mainly against leftists who claim to be against war, but actually support "revolution," which is a form of war, and embrace warmongering in protest of this hypocrisy, defending any and all bad behavior done by my side with similar behavior that left left condones. Therefore, if the left wants to earn my respect, all they have to do is own up to all that bad, evil behavior they claim to be against, and then we can talk. Till then, I'll simply use my enemy's "moral" so-called standards against them until they stop attacking my narrative like the arrogant hate-mongering bullies devoid of any and all moral authority that they are.

But in any case, if you can tolerate the warmongering in me, I can most certainly tolerate the peacemongering in you; moving on.

Beyond that, what exactly does "host on a vps your blog /site" mean? I don't know Nick Fuentes, in any event. The thing is, I don't know how to research blog niches. Full stop. That. Is. My. Sticking point. I simply don't understand how to develop an audience, or research one. I know how to SEO, but that isn't apparently enough. I need to reach out to others rather than have them come to me, and I honestly don't know how to apply this info to my exact situation.

Is there a tutorial? Right now, at this point, the issue isn't even making money, but rather, simply developing a blog audience, and people seem to be taking that basic part of the equation for granted.

Not me.

Noitartst, Feb 14, 2022 IP
  4. yaroslav_nz

yaroslav_nz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    most blogs that focus on "google" traffic and leading people to an offer try to make a "How To" blog site that sprinkles affiliate links through out the recommendation on How To XYZ.
    For the research they use two websites.
    1) https://answerthepublic.com/
    2) google.com (the autocomplete function) where you start the search phrase and google will auto complete the search phrase with the most common one.

For example if I wanted to write a blog on geopolitics "will Ukraine withdrawal be worse than Afghanistan and will it be worth American Lives?"
    this was the search results the answerthepublic generated from just the word Ukraine
    https://answerthepublic.com/reports/eba8be24-c858-4f73-9217-160593e3ee95

Google autocomplete gave me these results. (Technically duckduckgo but the idea is the same.)
    is ukraine in nato
    is ukraine part of nato
    is ukraine part of russia
    is ukraine a member of nato
    is ukraine in the eu
    is ukraine a nato member
    is ukraine in russia
    is ukraine part of the eu

After that just a process of testing various topics and headings.

The are many courses on blogging. If you want to splash out you can buy a one from the https://incomeschool.com
    But they are a subscription and will charge again next year if you dont cancel after you finish watching all the lessons.

By the way I never met a right wing guy who does not watch Nick Fuentes, Keith Woods or Red Ice.
    What do you watch?

yaroslav_nz, Feb 14, 2022 IP
  5. RockOn4

RockOn4 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    1. Pick a topic you enjoy talking about.
    2. Do market research.
    3. Pick a smaller niche.
    4. Make sure it's profitable.

RockOn4, Feb 15, 2022 IP
    yaroslav_nz likes this.
  6. Noitartst

Best Answers:
    Frankly, I don't watch anything not on YouTube, basically, which may be part of my problem. As to your questions, I'll research them.

Noitartst, Feb 16, 2022 IP
  7. Noitartst

Best Answers:
    Hm. I emailed several different online blog courses. What ones in particular would serve my situation, the best?

Noitartst, Feb 16, 2022 IP
  8. Noitartst

Best Answers:
    Hm. I searched AnswerthePublic.com for "Russia appeasement" (no, parentheses were NOT in the search) but did not know how to interpet the data, let alone how to save the screen image to my computer. I could not save it using the site button, and as for others, I couldn't seem to save the screen shot to my computer. If you want to help me, you'll have to search the terms on you own, unfortunately. But what does the data mean?

Noitartst, Feb 18, 2022 IP
  9. VortexAlpha

VortexAlpha Member

Best Answers:
    You should first choose a niche that you feel comfortable in, and you should start your journey here. If that's politics and foreign policies, then you should start with that, no matter if it's popular or not, give it a go and see how things are developing. There are sites and tools that can help you do some kind of niche and keywords research, but as you wrote that you have interests in this topic, the best idea would be to start here, and later you can expand the topic and try other things as well.

VortexAlpha, Feb 22, 2022 IP
  10. solobeton

solobeton Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When it comes to blogging, one of the most important steps is finding a niche. But how do you know which niches are profitable? And which ones will you be interested in writing about?

One way to research potential blog niches is to look at what is already being blogged about. head to Google and enter in a broad topic related to your proposed niche. See what comes up. Then, look at the top ranking articles and see what common themes or topics emerge.

Another way to research potential blog niches is to look at what is being talked about on social media. Pay particular attention to popular hashtags and see if there are any gaps in the coverage that you could fill.

You can also use Google AdWords to get some insights into what people are searching for. Simply enter in a few keywords relating to your proposed niche and check out the related ad groups.

Finally, another way to research potential blog niches is to look at your own interests and passions. What are you interested in? What topics do you like to talk about? What are people asking you for advice about?

Once you have a few potential blog niches in mind, it’s time to do some more research. This includes checking out the competition, looking at the audience size, and determining whether there is potential for monetization.

So, how do you research potential blog niches? It can be a bit daunting, but following the tips above should give you a good start.

solobeton, Feb 25, 2022 IP
  11. Noitartst

Best Answers:
    I am going to start taking some free SEO courses, but what I really need is someone's mind to pick, during the process; I’m not simply looking for a one-time website optimizer, mind you. I’m essentially just looking for for a guru whose brains I can pick, on demand, when I need input; know how to ask this on Craigslist or Fiverr?

The blame basic fact is, I'm unemployed; I essentially have less than $500 in savings, so I just can't easily afford an online SEO course alike some have advocated; I just don't see so doing as anything more than an un-affordable luxury.

Noitartst, Mar 2, 2022 IP