1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How EXACTLY does Google Adwords work?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by kael, Mar 15, 2005.

1. Lucid Web Marketing

Lucid Web Marketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you read the guidelines and policies, you'll see that Google does not accept ads for so-called healthy alternatives to cigarettes. That's why your ad was rejected and any ad to that page will never be accepted.

As for why you cannot see other advertisers' bids, it's because Adwords is not a straight auction. Your position is determined by your bid and your quality score. It would not help to know what a competitor is bidding anyway. Instead of getting into bidding wars, concentrate on increasing your quality. See my Adwords FAQ and web site for more.

Lucid Web Marketing, Jun 23, 2010 IP
  2. WSIOnline

WSIOnline Peon

Best Answers:
    Google AdWords is a rather complicated advertising network that must be understood to gain value from it. AdWords enables you to reach a wide audience, bringing lots of new visitors to your site. In order to guarantee your ad appearance in search results you need to bid on keywords and have a considerable Quality Score. How exactly the ad positions are formed in Google?How are the ad positions formed?

If someone enters an inquiry about a specific keyword Google finds out whether someone has bided on that keyword. If more than 1 bet has been made Google conducts an auction. The best results are shown on the first search page and lower results on previous pages.Max PCP x Quality Score = actual position

Google determines the ad position by the maximum bid on a keyword and the Quality Score. This kind of system enables small businesses to compete with business leaders if their ads are superior and relevant enough. If there is more than 1 bidder the actual ad position is formed by the competitors Ad Rank. Ad Rank is calculated by multiplying the max bid with Quality Score. Ad Rank determines the average ad position on SERP page compared to your competitors. The ad with the biggest Ad Rank wins the first position.

How the keyword auction works?

How the Quality Score is formed?

How the actual CPC is calculated?

How to calculate the ROI?

Why cooperation with a Google certified partner is useful?

You can find more answers from <a href='http://http://www.wsionline.ee/how-google-ppc-advertising-works'></a>

WSIOnline, Oct 3, 2012 IP
  3. Kristenastewart

Kristenastewart Peon

Best Answers:
    There's plenty of Adwords educational material on the Google site. There are also countless books and video training courses available around the internet.

People can get "free" visitors to their site after a sustained effort in developing a site that gets natural search listings. You can shortcut the months of effort it can take to get this 'organic' search traffic by paying search engines to list your ad right next to the normal results, ads are identified on Google search by yellow backgrounds.

Professional marketers typically have to test several ad copy / keyword / landing page design combinations to identify profitable combinations, the cost of testing campaigns can be an unavoidable expense.

You can pay either per click or per impression, the former is more popular in that you are only paying for productive results (the clicks) search ads are displayed when keywords you specify are searched.

There's an option to place text and banner ads on the Adwords network of sites that are participating in the Adsense paid to show ads program you can select the site or individual pages that ad will appear on. Along with keyword targeting you can also specify a geographical range for the ads to be restricted to.

Kristenastewart, Oct 3, 2012 IP
  4. GetoutEntertainment.com

GetoutEntertainment.com Peon

Best Answers:
    I am very confused about Adwords and if this is something I need for my website. I have read everyones post on here but still cannot grasp what adwords is about. I have an entertainment website, (Legitimate, not Adult material) I am not selling a product but a service, for advertising for restaurants, places of business, bands etc. Would this be good for my business?

GetoutEntertainment.com, Jan 15, 2014 IP