1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How exactly does Digg.com work?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Julien, Jun 22, 2006.

Sorry if this is a newbee question but someone just digged a story I posted on my blog and I was wondering if anyone can explain how digg works. I understand the basic concept but until now I had never had someone digg one of my posts so I am trying to better undertand how it works:

Do articles move closer to the front page of digg.com based on how fast they get diggs (are they measuring # of diggs per hour)?

How are so many people (about 300 visitors in the first few hours) visiting my site through digg.com if I only have about 20 diggs and don't even appear in the first 10 pages? (the only way I can find my digg is by searching for "blade servers")

I was told that another 10 or 15 diggs would probably get me onto the first page but when I look at the first few pages almost all articles have 100's of diggs?

Lastly do digg articles expire or lose relevance after a few days?

Just trying to understand! :eek:

Julien, Jun 22, 2006 IP