1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Exactly Do Sitemaps Work?

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by AlphanetChrisC, Feb 24, 2009.

If I submitted my sitemap into google for my blog, does that mean that google knows exactly when I update my blog?

AlphanetChrisC, Feb 24, 2009 IP
  2. shailendra

shailendra Peon

Best Answers:
    no...not at all. Google uses sitemap to know about all the URLs that are present on your website. To inform Google about the update you need to submt new sitemap everytime which is a bit tedious process. If you are using WP or Blogspot then you can install a plugin which will automatically update your sitemap when a new URL is added

shailendra, Feb 24, 2009 IP
  3. ragesw

ragesw Peon

Best Answers:
    Most blogging software, such as Wordpress or blogger, will automatically send a notification (ping) to Google blog search letting them know when a post has been published.

A sitemap.xml file will not guarantee that Google knows when your published posts. It will provide a guideline for Google on when to come back and find new content on your site.

ragesw, Feb 26, 2009 IP