1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How EXACTLY do I add Negative Keywords to YAHOO?

Discussion in 'Yahoo Search Marketing' started by mbomb, Feb 14, 2008.

How exactly do I do this?

I need to get "free" out of the search strings immediately, and I cannot figure it out.

Thanks

mbomb, Feb 14, 2008 IP
  2. jinnnguyen

jinnnguyen Peon

Best Answers:
    campaign => adgroup => adgroup setting => (click on drop down menu) tatic settings => click on [show] next to excluded words then enter each negative word per line.

jinnnguyen, Feb 14, 2008 IP
  3. YahooPete

YahooPete Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey there,

We’ve expanded the maximum number of account-level and ad group-level excluded keywords from 50 to 250, which should help you better target searches and block unwanted ones. Excluded keywords are only applicable to the Advanced match type distribution tactic in Sponsored Search. (Even if you could use them in Standard match, it wouldn’t make any sense.) Remember, excluded words can be set at the account level (under the Administration tab) and the ad group level (in the ad group setting page).

Here are a couple of tips for using excluded keywords:
    • Identify the keywords that do not apply to your business but may be commonly used by potential customers. For example, if you only sell new TVs, you may want to exclude words such as “repair” and “used.”
    • Be selective when choosing your excluded keywords at the account level, since they apply to all keywords in your account.

Hope this helps,
    YahooPete

YahooPete, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  4. espresso

espresso Peon

Best Answers:
    One of the best ways to generate negative keywords is to research your topic using a keyword research tool and then write down all the words that come up that don't fit.

For example, if you're doing something on bart simpson, you don't want OJ Simpson showing up so you'd add 'OJ' to your negative list.

espresso, Feb 24, 2008 IP