1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How effective is fiverr anyways?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by 100wordrants, Jul 23, 2013.

1. CandleKeep

CandleKeep Active Member

Best Answers:
    Fiverr has some awesome deals on their site, and there's no doubt about it.

One thing you might ask, is what does your business need?

I remember someone told me "Don't buy something just because you want to buy something".

Do you know what I mean?

Only buy something for your business when YOU need it.

Something might be VERY VALUABLE for you, but NOT VERY valuable for me.

So.. Ask yourself what you need?

Maybe you need some banners designed? Maybe you want your Ebook giveaway date promoted? Maybe you want some flyers handed out promoting your webinar? Maybe you want someone to promote your squeeze page to their list?

There are a million practical methods of promoting with Fiverr, the real question is.. What do you need?

Hope this helps..

CandleKeep, Aug 3, 2013 IP
  2. praveenshkgp

praveenshkgp Peon

Best Answers:
    I am a seller at fiverr and i think fiverr is huge and you can find anything that your want to outsource from logo to banner ad anything

praveenshkgp, Aug 4, 2013 IP
  3. Alice Smith

Alice Smith Member

Best Answers:
    Fiverr services are not upto the mark. Do not totally depend on the service for your main websites. Buy by luck, you might get a good seller who provide you good services. So search deeply if you ever need the service.

Alice Smith, Aug 4, 2013 IP
  4. silver2good

silver2good Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Choosing the right gig helps a lot. I use it for SEO services and writing about me articles and stuff. For that it is quite useful.

silver2good, Aug 4, 2013 IP
  5. RyleyD

RyleyD Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    From my experience Fiverr is good for social bookmarking, but not good for likes and followers. Lots of the social media likes/followers are just fakes. What I mean is the people do get you the facebook likes by making multiple accounts. So you have say 500 likes, but these aren't genuine people that are going to participate with your page.

RyleyD, Aug 4, 2013 IP
  6. treka3358

treka3358 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Like others most of the links/SEO packages I've got are rubbish but I've had a great Resume written and several graphics designed for things like Facebook Cover images. Just check out their previous work and reviews before purchasing. Sure sometimes it wont work but you haven't lost a lot for trying and the good gigs are worth way more than the paying price.

treka3358, Aug 5, 2013 IP
  7. mukesh4bs

mukesh4bs Active Member

Best Answers:
    I gave a try for fiverr seller.. luckily I don't scammed as other reports, but services does not seems promising results.

mukesh4bs, Aug 5, 2013 IP
  8. bartolah

bartolah Member

Best Answers:
    It would be a fascinating experiment / case study to build and market a site entirely from Fiverr.com, including: business model, brand name, domain, logo, code, design, content - articles(?), graphics, seeding followers / likes, etc.

What do you think - doable for $200?

Maybe I'll just do that.

bartolah, Sep 29, 2013 IP
  9. Peterbndrs

Peterbndrs Active Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on the user of fiverr. As a user you should know what is required. If we order 10000 backlinks from software overnight it will kill the site. There are wonderful gigs there which work miracles.

Peterbndrs, Sep 29, 2013 IP
  10. London Internet Marketing

London Internet Marketing Peon

Best Answers:
    Well linkwheels will kill your site. They are best avoided.
    I find Fiverr good for things like graphics, voiceovers etc.

11. KevinChapman

KevinChapman Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I've used fiverr a few times and it's been a bit hit and miss, in my early IM days I used it for twitter related promoting and I didn't get any success from it, I also brought some solo ads on it and again I didn't get much success but I've used it to buy graphics/videos and it's worked very well.

So I'd suggest if you are actually buying something an article/graphic/banner/video you will have more luck than the facebook likes/traffic type of gigs.

But that's just what has worked for me.

KevinChapman, Oct 1, 2013 IP
  12. pboyle

pboyle Member

Best Answers:
    With Fiverr, you have to consider YOUR time in vetting the sellers, and managing or following up with them. It's not cheap any more. Like WebDev above says, you get what you pay for

pboyle, Oct 1, 2013 IP
  13. clenard

clenard Active Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed. Fiverr should not be used for traffic-related gigs. I use them for voiceovers, videos, graphics, etc. It's a great place to get cheap stuff, but you shouldn't use it for cheap 'tricks'. ;)

clenard, Oct 3, 2013 IP
    WebBuddy likes this.
  14. WebBuddy

WebBuddy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are definitely some gems on fiverr. I have seen incredible logo, designs, videos and other graphics services being given out for $5. Usually one would have to pay in excess of $10 (and that would be a minimum cost, usually available only on forums) for lower quality work. However, you do have to be careful while choosing since some sellers just buy/exchange feedbacks and then look like they are great at their work when actually they are not.

WebBuddy, Oct 22, 2013 IP
  15. pilot35

pilot35 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I only find Fiverr to be effective in outsourcing. Easy 10-30 times the profit :D

pilot35, Oct 24, 2013 IP
  16. Tyler A

Tyler A Peon

Best Answers:
    Great for getting cool banners for cheap. can sometimes be good for seo (fake) social media signals, but not always

Tyler A, Oct 25, 2013 IP
  17. maurice.cowell

maurice.cowell Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Fiverr has so many potentials and yeah you can get good deals them when it comes to little stuff. But of course, for articles, seo, marketing then you have to think twice. It might be helpful in smaller jobs but I don't really use it for jobs that are long term.

maurice.cowell, Oct 25, 2013 IP
  18. hanady

hanady Member

Best Answers:
    I would say that a freelancer offering a gig that takes hours of work for just 5 bucks is really bizarre. I really think that if a gig takes more than 1 hour of work and the freelancer is doing it for $5 then this is crazy and I would personally be suspicious about it.

hanady, Oct 26, 2013 IP
  19. msk19994

msk19994 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If u are using fiverr for seo then i must say everything is done via softwares like senuke/xrumer etc
    but if other services then its pretty good

msk19994, Oct 26, 2013 IP
  20. itchassis

itchassis Peon

Best Answers:
    Personally, I wouldn't recommend Fiverr for SEO purposes. Some of it's other services could be called a bargain though..

itchassis, Oct 27, 2013 IP