1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Effective are Bumper Stickers for Advertising, Marketing, and Promotion?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by The SEO Man, May 11, 2017.

Printing bumper stickers has long been used in the USA and worldwide as an affordable effective method of advertising, promotion, and company branding.

I would like to get thoughts and feedback from other members on this topic.

- How effective do you think bumper stickers are for promoting?
    - Have you ever created custom stickers to advertise or promote anything?

If you have not created custom stickers to use as part of a marketing campaign, would you consider designing printing stickers if you had an idea, company, brand, product, that you wanted to promote?

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2017
    The SEO Man, May 11, 2017 IP
  2. Alexandre Laramée

Alexandre Laramée Member

Best Answers:
    I would say it's like social media postings the more you post the more you reach out, the more chances you may get a lead from, I have see vistaprint sell magnetized signs to put on your car which are not too expensive. I have in the past piched to a friend to promote his services on his truck as he is often on the road and he as gotten clients just by giving out his business card, so imagine your stuck in traffic and the specific service you need is in front of you. The potential client may or may not take down the number, but imagine if he did!! that's just one more lead. So if i had my own business yes i would print bumper stickers, side panels and rear window lettering.

Alexandre Laramée, May 11, 2017 IP
    The SEO Man likes this.
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Youth apparel has had huge success with simple logo sticks. Edubloc or something like that comes to mind. I googled them a few years ago because I was impressed that youths with modified vehicles were so enthusiastic about their training institution and wanted to know more. A bit disappointed but unsurprised to find they have nothing to do with education.

If your product has a memorable brand that will be reinforced with every "impression" then I'd say go for it.

sarahk, May 11, 2017 IP
  4. Milliardo

Milliardo Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is as effective as billboard ads. That's the long and short of it. Its effectiveness would depend on how good it made and if it targets the audience well.

Milliardo, May 12, 2017 IP
  5. digbadsit

digbadsit Member

Best Answers:
    It is best to use memorable phrases that evoke certain thoughts related to your work. I think this will always work. This is psychology. Draw attention and follow you.

digbadsit, May 15, 2017 IP
    The SEO Man likes this.
  6. maxt1967

maxt1967 Member

Best Answers:
    I think perhaps it could be effective if you created something very catchy and memorable, but for the most part not a great route for initial promotion of a brand/business.

maxt1967, May 17, 2017 IP
  7. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Too small for my taste, but I guess they can work. I do, however, think that larger stickers on the rear window or on the side of a vehicle work much better.

qwikad.com, May 18, 2017 IP
  8. The SEO Man

The SEO Man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree, a nice catchy phrase on a bumper sticker can help to draw attention and create a memorable experience for people that come in contact with the bumper stickers. The right words, combined with the right colors and/or graphics on bumper stickers can make a lasting impression within a relatively short period of time.

The SEO Man, Jun 2, 2017 IP
  9. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think bumper stickers can be effective. As a business you want to increase the brand awareness, and having bumper stickers is a way to increase the brand awareness. Using bumper stickers won't be effective in itself. It's not that you just put the bumper stickers and suddenly you get 100 new sales that day. The stickers should be one of several steps in your plan to get your business message across.

In the past I owned a cleaning business. I handed out flyers in areas where my target audience lived. Middle class and rich areas could afford this service, so I focused on them. I also co-operated with an estate agency, where they gave me details of people who were about to move. I then sent offers to these people. 20 % off for move out cleaning. It worked. And of course the agency got a percentage of every sale. On my personal car I had bumper stickers. They worked as free advertisers for me whenever I was on the roads. No need for paid advertising in the yellow pages. No no. On my company car I had a wrap with the logo and details of my business.

MrKing01, Jul 18, 2017 IP
  10. vsjess

vsjess Peon

Best Answers:
    I think they are great for entertainers and small establishments. People like to represent brands and companies that mean something to them. So, the local sandwich shop yes, a dry cleaner, not so much.

vsjess, Jul 20, 2017 IP
  11. JoyJoySugoi

JoyJoySugoi Peon

Best Answers:
    They aren't very good for modern advertising, when most people see most of their ads on their favorite websites. I would not use bumper stickers, but I guess it could work?

JoyJoySugoi, Jul 20, 2017 IP
  12. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    The bumper stickers in itself won't give you 100 new customers in one day. I think that online advertising should be combined with offline advertising. Of course you could have PPC ads and optimize your SEO, but to maximize the effect you should also think of offline advertising solutions. Let's say that you run a local computer repair business. To hand out your business cards and spread leaflets can give you customers. To be on top of search engine results will give you even more customers. So I don't think that one should say that offline advertising is not effective in this modern world.

MrKing01, Jul 20, 2017 IP