1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How effective are automated submissions for social bookmarking, directories etc?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by tradester, Dec 16, 2008.

See that there are more free automated submissions for various link building services. There are those automated directory submissions, search engine submission and then those auomated article directory submissions, press release submissions. Now there are automated one time submissions to few hundred social bookmarks like http://www.socialmarker.com/
    So How effective are automated submissions for social bookmarking, directories etc?
    Will these automated tools kill off manual submission services offered by many?
    :)

tradester, Dec 16, 2008 IP
  2. jitendraag

jitendraag Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It's true that these automated submitting software have killed a lot of manual submission services. If written properly, I think social bookmarking and article submissions can be handled by software neatly. I wouldn't say that for directory submissions though.

jitendraag, Dec 17, 2008 IP
  3. river

river Active Member

Best Answers:
    I like onlywire.com for automatic submissions to social bookmarking sites.

river, Dec 17, 2008 IP
  4. jasonb25

jasonb25 Member

Best Answers:
    i use social marker everytime i want to social bookmark a site. It works great and saves a lot of time, i also use article post robot for my article submissions, again this works great and saves ALOT of time. If you can automate it i say use it.

jasonb25, Dec 17, 2008 IP
  5. beegle

beegle Peon

Best Answers:
    do we need to create any account on socialmarker ? Because everytime I submit a link there it shows me 1/46 propellor.com and never proceeds further to other bookmarking sites. I really don't know if my link got submitted or not.

beegle, Dec 17, 2008 IP
  6. kingofsanda

kingofsanda Peon

Best Answers:
    I have very little experience with social bookmarking services but for article submission
    I have been using an automated article submission service for over 1 year now and
    I have had great results with it.

kingofsanda, Dec 17, 2008 IP
  7. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    socialmarker is not what you call a fully automated tool but a semi automated one. you still need to visit each sites and hit submit. it works just as same as manual social bookmarking submissions but too bad the tool only has 20 or so dofollow SB sites in it and rest of them are all nofollow

sultanofseo, Dec 17, 2008 IP
  8. masazies

masazies Active Member

Best Answers:
    as long as I know socialmarker.com is full automatic. just place title, url,desc and keyword and click submite then thy will do the rest no need visit each site. but the problem for me is how we can check that all post already submited?

masazies, Dec 18, 2008 IP
  9. issmt

issmt Banned

Best Answers:
    issmt, Dec 18, 2008 IP
  10. debrian

debrian Active Member

Best Answers:
    its good idea .. thanks ur site

debrian, Dec 21, 2008 IP
  11. busweb

busweb Peon

Best Answers:
    I do not trust automatic submission for anything. Half automatic (research done by a software), half manual (adding value to submission) it's what I consider to be perfect.

busweb, Dec 21, 2008 IP
  12. askdguru

askdguru Banned

Best Answers:
    Wel well.....I definetly don't subscribe to the idea of having your site/blog or for that matter any material by an automated software as there is a very high risk of it submitting to all kinds of directories or other link sources(read spammy) which might really harm you.

In fact social bookmarking done through social marker is semi manual....though it reduces the effort nevertheless you still need to put in a human effort.

Coming to directory submissions, using an automated submission service might help you in a very limited manner, but in most cases it submits to non search engine friendly sites also and many a times under the wrong category.

Keeping all these drawbacks in mind, i advocate for manual submissions. A very prominent service that i have been using recently for my directory submissions is Directory Maximizer. They manually review the website and put it under the most relevant category.

Currently they are into directory submissions only but would soon be providing other services also... and i am waiting for that;)

I was so impressed with their services, that I have also enrolled myself as their affiliate...

Anyone who is looking for directory submissions should try them.... they charge a nominal one time fee and its value for money.

askdguru, Dec 21, 2008 IP
  13. rena

rena Peon

Best Answers:
    many says do not use any automatic submission tool for SEO, but saw many are using it and m expecting any experience after use automatic tool for SEO

rena, Dec 22, 2008 IP
  14. askme

askme Banned

Best Answers:
    Manually submit your site to directories for 2 main reasons

1) Firstly you can choose the most appropriate category
    2) Secondly most of the directories have a verification code which you would have to fill in manually.

If you have enough time then you could do this by yourself else you could outsource it.

askme, Dec 24, 2008 IP
  15. annera

annera Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Truth is automated submissions are always crap as they will sure be mistakes in the submissions because of bugs in these types of softwares and they will not surely use your tags or they will either mix up your title to description or description to title or sometimes make the url a crap by adding % or any strings in it they sure have bugs and they many a times stop working properly thus killing your motive of getting a link back and small amount of traffic.

Always manual is 100 % safe and secure ;) as many things in your practical life too.

annera, Dec 24, 2008 IP