1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How does website to country tool work?

Discussion in 'Products & Tools' started by hulkster, Mar 6, 2004.

Shawn,

I recall we discussed this a while ago in Email, but I figured this would be a decent first post in your new forums (nice idea!) and that way, any answer you provide is logged for others.

I've also written an IP address to country geo-location tool which simply uses the Geo::IPFree Perl Module to provide the info. I remember you do some more sophisticated analysis, and am just curious about the nuts-n-bolts if you are willing to share 'em.

Keep up the good^H^H^H^HGREAT work! ;-)
    alek
    http://www.komar.org/

hulkster, Mar 6, 2004 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Nothing too exciting with it actually... basically it just goes to the IP registry source (ARIN, RIPE, etc.) and queries their databases for the info. In reality, you can get more detailed info (company, address, etc.) that owns it, but for the purpose of determining the country, all that info is useless to me.

- Shawn

digitalpoint, Mar 6, 2004 IP
  3. novasoft

novasoft Peon

Best Answers:
    novasoft, Apr 20, 2004 IP
  4. hulkster

hulkster Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm just a Perl guy - Shawn is Mr. PHP ... but I don't think he'll release source code for this ... but the sources are commonly available (I reference a Perl Module), so you could track this down and/or build yourself.

alek

hulkster, Apr 20, 2004 IP
  5. nlopes

nlopes Guest

Best Answers:
    nlopes, May 9, 2004 IP