1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How does this thing work?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by sri, Feb 4, 2007.

From what I understand I put a link to the product on my blog or website and when someone clicks on it and makes a purchase, I make a commission.

What I don't get is, where is AdWords coming into the picture?

Also what are %/sale, %refd and grav? (see the screenshot)

Attached Files:

sri, Feb 4, 2007 IP
  2. Telmari

Telmari Active Member

Best Answers:
    You pretty much have it right. People click on your link, hopefully order the product, and you get paid.

Adwords is what most people use to put their affiliate links in front of people. Since you can laser-target your ad delivery and visibility quite easily and quickly, it is easy to market precisely to the people who are most likely to buy your product.

As far as the general Clickbank question, they are all answered here.

-T

Telmari, Feb 4, 2007 IP
  3. dog_24

dog_24 Peon

Best Answers:
    Affiliates use Adwords because it's the FASTEST way to get people interested in what you sell. You can start getting sales in 15 mins, or you can lose lots of money. But 99% start losing lots of money. So don't get so excited about.

dog_24, Feb 4, 2007 IP
  4. Telmari

Telmari Active Member

Best Answers:
    Heh, 99% start losing lots of money? Only if they don't know how to use it right ;)

-T

Telmari, Feb 4, 2007 IP
  5. wounded1987

wounded1987 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    IF i put in msn search only...i mean ads the converssion it better there?

wounded1987, Feb 4, 2007 IP
  6. dog_24

dog_24 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, yep, because they rush and think if they put daily budget to $100, they'll make $500. I used to be like that, and I believe many newbies are experiencing the same. (=

dog_24, Feb 4, 2007 IP
  7. giovanni

giovanni Peon

Best Answers:
    Translation to english please ;)

giovanni, Feb 4, 2007 IP
  8. dog_24

dog_24 Peon

Best Answers:
    Nope, though there can be less competition, Adwords is the best if you want to target visitors correctly. The only problem you have to be very relevant and optimize everything, but once you're done, you'll be able to dominate any niche. (=

dog_24, Feb 4, 2007 IP
  9. wounded1987

wounded1987 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have 100$ coupon on MSN, just want to make some testing thier, maybe earn some money and come back to ADWORDS.
    Do u belive that if your ad is climbing to the first position in adwords, than your converssion gets higher? i use to make targeted ads and placing the price of the item in the AD, cause that way if some1 doesnt have money to pay that he wont come in....is it wrong to do it like that? also in msn search you got what % of the population clikcing for that keyword, it has statistics that show lots say for the keyword Audi Cars - most of the people are from the lower bottom of the population that doesnt have money so they wont spent like 50$ for a product...if u know what i mean

wounded1987, Feb 4, 2007 IP
  10. dog_24

dog_24 Peon

Best Answers:
    No, it's not always good to be on top, in my experience some people click on top accidentally, which isn't a good thing, so I prefer being somewhere from 2-6 and the conversion rate doesn't really depend on your rankings.

Placing the price of the service is good too, yes, it will filter the unwanted visitors, though you won't get much clicks that way. However, you should test, write two ads, one without the price and one with the price and see which does better.

Hmm, I don't actually understand that, but let me tell you something. If someone is searching for 'Audi Parts' then he is already interested in BUYING it
    so if he goes to your websites, and you satisfy him, give him better prices etc. he WILL buy. All you have to do is just target well, use negative words.

dog_24, Feb 4, 2007 IP
  11. Franck S

Franck S Peon

Best Answers:
    Adwords is not an obligation to make money with affiliate programs. Actually you can make money without having any PPC advertising account.

You can make money with:

Blogs, article marketing, forum marketing...

You must enter the adwords game only if you have a couple of hundreds of dollars... and you don't need them.

If so, invest and start making sales. If not, go SEO and other free and effective ways before jumping into the adwords game.

Franck S, Feb 4, 2007 IP