1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How does suicide bombing square with Islam?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by mcfox, Dec 6, 2007.

1. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    I deleted this post because to keep it, quite honestly, posed a security hazard to me and my family. Suffice it to say the question is a legitimate one, based on very direct experience with a mindset that says (graphically), that bloodshed of folks like me is very much a part of Islam - who has a website directly promulgating it, while also saying in person "Muslims just want to live in peace, man." (quote).

He is an American Muslim who described himself as holding an important position in the Muslim community in my city. I can confirm he does. I hope he's just an individual whack job. But he's dangerous, and so is his mindset. To ask the question raised by McFox isn't disingenous. Not in the least.

northpointaiki, Dec 6, 2007 IP
  2. guru-seo

guru-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you see that you are playing into the hands of the terrorists by being scared? What are you scared of?

guru-seo, Dec 6, 2007 IP
  3. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Listen, buddy - you will either have to accept that mine was or wasn't a serious issue, with specific details and plans he described to commit (and to recruit for) "jihad," by which he means, murder. While personally I'd end his life with my own hands would he ever try something like he's describing on his site, I don't have the right to play with such crap when I have a wife and child. You will of course form your own conclusions regardless.

Interesting that I had the information up in the post for quite some time, and you only responded once I deleted it. Maybe this is a game to you. It isn't to me. My question is a sincere one. I want to live and let live. But I will not fuck around with those who would end me or mine. So, I would like a dialogue to see if we can, indeed, uncover the truth.

4. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    Thank you. That's what I thought.

No, not at all. That really is why I asked the question - to clarify for my own mind that it is extremists pushing their own agenda rather than a 'holy' duty of Muslims to use this abhorrent tactic.

You must understand that it is difficult to differentiate the two when not a Muslim steeped in the faith and all it's intricacies, especially when these sorts of opinions are put forward as 'the way it is'
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_bomber#Muslim_views

mcfox, Dec 6, 2007 IP
  5. guru-seo

guru-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    I totally understand. I retract my statement if in anyway came across as a game, it is not. I condone ANYONE that uses violence or threats to submit anybody into thinking one way or another. My intent is simply to be fair when assessing both sides of one story so we all come to a mutual educated and civil conclusion.

guru-seo, Dec 6, 2007 IP
  6. guru-seo

guru-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree it is difficult to distinguish, but we need to hold the moral high ground else we are no different. Also please do not mix up Muslim Extremism with the Mainstream Muslim Faith.
    The unfortunate things is that AGAIN religion that being of Muslim Faith, Christian, Zionism or Hindu extremism is being used as a tool. You will find cases in all types of religion where the faith has been auctioned to promote and agenda through violence.

guru-seo, Dec 6, 2007 IP
  7. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    I can agree with that. This was brought home to me by direct experience and I do hope to god this is absolutely not the mainstream view. I really do, and especially because it has touched home in such a direct way I want to find out.

8. guru-seo

guru-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    Well thats some serious stuff and I would take the threat seriously and take action. If someone threatens you and your family then you can alert the police I would say.

guru-seo, Dec 6, 2007 IP
  9. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Yep, I did. Which is why I can't go into it here.

Anyway, I work from the presumption that most of us want peace and are sincere in seeking answers. I go on this unless I am shown otherwise.

Best, all.

10. guru-seo

guru-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    Same here, I want peace for all people. Life is beautiful and needs to be enjoyed and cherished by everyone. People need to start putting their differences aside and embrace reason, compassion, nobility, selflessness and help each other, as we can not be collectively happy when our brothers and sisters in other parts of the world are suffering.

guru-seo, Dec 6, 2007 IP
  11. shajahan123

shajahan123 Peon

Best Answers:
    m8 im a british muslim and no where in the quran (holy book of islam) does it say killing is permitted. Theese terrorist are muslim by name. So if i gave you a ferrari and you were a crap driver, who would ppl blame your or the ferrari, you of course, same goes for the quran dont judge the religion islam by its followers, judge its by its teachings. There is somwhere in the quran where it says something about killing disbeleivers, i cant remember what the exact words are. The media uses theese lines to sterotype islam. But do they say what is written after theese lines or before it. Basically Prophet muhammed (pbuh) was being attacked by ppl the same way Jesus (pbuh) was for teaching Gods messages. So Prophet muhammed (pbuh) wrote up a contract between muslims and these ppl so they do not fight and live in peace. But the people broke this contract and were killing muslims. So God orderd Prophet muhammed (pbuh) not to be scared and fight back. Theese words are what the media uses to get ppl agains muslims. Think about it say someone came and start killing ppl and broke in your country would you fight back?

Hope you understood what i said and if there are any more question i suggest you watch some of "zakir Naiks" videos, most of your question are answered, better than i can. lol

shajahan123, Dec 6, 2007 IP
  12. coolmanphp

coolmanphp Peon

Best Answers:
    coolmanphp, Dec 6, 2007 IP
  13. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    @ guru-seo, please stop trying to derail what could be a decent and enlightening thread.

@ OP, I found this book through my political curiosity and think it should definitely be included in any discussion on the topic of suicide bombing.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/08...mp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=0812973380

guerilla, Dec 6, 2007 IP
  14. d16man

d16man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    won't happen....he does this to every thread he is in...he talks about people who are narrow-minded, but it seems to me that he is the only one who is extremely close minded.

d16man, Dec 6, 2007 IP
  15. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, a good place to start is to not keep reprimanding him. I find that just feeds the situation.

guerilla, Dec 6, 2007 IP
  16. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
  17. gauharjk

gauharjk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to take a look at some analysis, take a look at this page

Dying to Win: The Strategic Logic of Suicide Terrorism

Also, check the audio interview

gauharjk, Dec 6, 2007 IP
  18. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    I do want to look at the book. It seems to throw a good deal of light on a very difficult subject.

I also want to resolve the lingering and troubling questions in my mind. It isn't an academic exercise for me, nor, I'm sure, for anyone. The guy I speak of above is an American, making a good living, married, and a respected member of the Muslim community in our city (if holding a position of authority is a mark of community respect). Baldly, he espouses murder in the name of Allah, and this isn't all. It's on his website, and in his many writings elsewhere, on other sites. All of this flies in the face of his testaments spoken to me, in the many dialogues we shared working together. My best hope is as I said above, that he is a lone wolf living a lie to himself, to his community, and to his faith. But I would be lying myself if I didn't say I am deeply troubled that someone supposedly in a position of orthdoxy and authority, publically proclaming peace, could hold such vile, murderous views in his heart.

19. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    I came across the following on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maHSOB2RFm4

This is an interview with Anjem Chaudary, a Mullah based in London. Among the things he indicates, is that all non-Muslims are not "innocent" by definition, because all non-Muslims are defying God. Therefore, their murder, such as in a suicide bombing or terrorist attack (as happened in London) is justified.

This is another, which was on the same page as the Chaudary interview, a protest in London, in 2006.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKUoxbR9mwA&feature=related

If you'll watch the video, you will see the protest shouting murderous things - "we love Usama" and "May Usama Bin Ladn Bomb You" all the way to "Take lesson of the Jews of Khalbar" and "we will take your wives as war-booty," and other vile crap. This was in response to the Danish cartoon of your prophet. As I understand it from what has been said on this board, advocating death over an insult is not Islam.

Muslims on this board, please take this sincerely. If I hear you right, these people are therefore trashing your religion and making it seen to be a religion of murder and hate, not peace. Why is there not mass protest by Muslims against crap such as this? I have heard it said this violent philosophy is a minority view. I therefore ask: why was therefore not a tidal wave of counterprotest? Indeed, as far as I know, no mass response in London, for instance, on at least the scale of this protest, and with as much conviction in the other direction - why not?

I ask because seeing this filth deeply concerns me. It concerns me over the kind of world my son will inherit, and how safe he and his family will be in the coming years. It concerns me as someone rooted in my own history and cultural traditions, which do not include murder over words. And it concerns me as a humanist, who does hope for a world of tolerance and mutual understanding.

northpointaiki, Dec 8, 2007 IP
  20. DevilHellz

DevilHellz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    With all due respect, north, i think you know the answer to that.
    It is simply because Islam is not the "religion of peace". Facts stand for what they are. If suicide bombings, murder and all the other filthy things that are being done to people each day by muslim extremists were THAT much of a problem to the "majority" of muslims, something would have been done by now, on a massive scale.
    Saying "Oh, this isn't right.."
    "Oh, i don't support such a thing"
    "Oh, it's the minority of extremists who do such horrible things"
    Isn't helping to solve this big problem.

DevilHellz, Dec 8, 2007 IP