1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How does sites such as weebly make money?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by findklik, May 1, 2008.

Hi,

I have a plan to make free hosting service such as wordpress.com, blogger.com, freeforums.org , weebly.com , tumblr.com.

My question is how weebly generate revenue since they don't charge anything and they don't even put any ad on member's website either.

Thank you in advance.

findklik, May 1, 2008 IP
  2. nuke13

nuke13 Banned

Best Answers:
    Some of them don't, they are owned by big companies such as google (blogger) so the cost to them for running the site is really small.

WordPress also would do it just to get more people using their software.

I have seen others offer a free service and then you can buy extra space or bandwidth and this is where they will make the money.

It all depends, the chances are your not going to make loads from free hosting, but you could still make some money.

Also be aware that most people would rather go for a big company to host their blog such as Google, instead of a smaller one such as yourself.

Hope this helps,
    Tom

nuke13, May 1, 2008 IP
  3. Stax_Daniel

Stax_Daniel Guest

Best Answers:
    Affiliates, advertising on their main site, [not making any, see explanation above], upsells, ...

there are tons of ways to make money off sites like these, but it's not always the best way to do it ;)...i think if you are interested in doing something like this you need to research the difference ways of making money and then apply it to the site...not the other way around :D

Stax_Daniel, May 1, 2008 IP
  4. findklik

findklik Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your replies

findklik, May 3, 2008 IP
  5. raw100

raw100 Peon

Best Answers:
    Let the big boys do the blog hosting!

raw100, May 3, 2008 IP
  6. dturnbull

dturnbull Guest

Best Answers:
    Every "big boy" was once not a "big boy". Remember that.

Before Google it was all about Yahoo, that sure changed.

dturnbull, May 3, 2008 IP
  7. Kwaku

Kwaku Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

There will always be room for small hosters, blogging sites, social networks, dating sites, whatever because there are *a lot* (yes that *is* a niche) of people who simply don't like big guys *because* they are big. One example is that with smaller companies you often can talk to the *owner* if you have an issue and get it resolved (much) faster. 9

Kwaku, May 4, 2008 IP
  8. findklik

findklik Peon

Best Answers:
    The big boy can offer free-ad hosting, I am thinking how can small company generate revenue. I want to open a service such as weebly, offer free website.

Do you have any recommend?

Thanks

findklik, May 4, 2008 IP
  9. nonyf

nonyf Guest

Best Answers:
    I've done what you're aiming for with paid surveys and get paid to websites; combined with affiliate marketing. Check out the top paying GPT websites and you can really profit from the expanding paid market research industry. Take care!

nonyf, May 6, 2008 IP
  10. Neticule

Neticule Peon

Best Answers:
    Most of these services are simply backed by big companies, that can afford to run a site at a loss if it gets their main company more exposure in the long run.

Neticule, May 7, 2008 IP