1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How does shopify rank compared to other options

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by StarmarkCreatives, Jul 21, 2013.

I have used opencart and zen cart in the past, shopify is one that i have been recommended on a university project, what are your thoughts on it ?

StarmarkCreatives, Jul 21, 2013 IP
  2. Matt Cotten

Matt Cotten Member

Best Answers:
    The big difference is OpenCart and Zen Cart are open source where Shopify is a hosted shopping cart. As you probably know, open source carts are free to download but have to be manually installed on a third-party web hosting account. They usually need plug-ins and some level of customization so you need to be tech savvy. Support is usually only through the community forums.

Hosted carts like Shopify are paid monthly and include the web hosting, support and upgrades. So they are easier to use and you can usually get up and running faster. Shopify is a highly rated hosted cart but I don't recommend it because of the transactions fees. My preference is Bigcommerce but Volusion and 3Dcart are other great options for hosted carts.

Matt Cotten, Jul 23, 2013 IP
  3. bandwidth-peter

bandwidth-peter Peon

Best Answers:
    Shopify is a top shopping cart and is the most friendliest e-commerce platforms for both the owner and the customer. It's very easy to set up. However, there are transaction fees on every purchase unless you go with the unlimited plan.

bandwidth-peter, Jul 29, 2013 IP
  4. ReferralCandy

ReferralCandy Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed that Shopify is one of the go-tos for ecommerce setups., especially if you're relatively new or even a first-timer at it. Shopify is really easy to navigate, they have themes and apps ready at hand for you to try out or purchase so you don't get overwhelmed by the many aspects of trying to set up your store. The community at Shopify is what many people love about it - prompt and helpful service staff, an always cheery crowd giving tons of useful feedback in the discussion forums and an all-round happy, pleasant experience.

ReferralCandy, Jul 29, 2013 IP