1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How does Shared Hosting work?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by Serverhenry, Aug 4, 2016.

I am using a shared hosting plan for my blogs but I don't know where it came from? How does shared hosting work? Does it have 1 IP address for every package hosted?

Anyone explains me?

Serverhenry, Aug 4, 2016 IP
  2. seoaceindia

seoaceindia Banned

Best Answers:
    yes shared hosting running on one ip address and in one hard disk

seoaceindia, Aug 4, 2016 IP
  3. MechanicWeb-shoss

MechanicWeb-shoss Active Member

Best Answers:
    A decent shared hosting would never have a single hard disk. In my opinion you would at least need RAID 10 (that means a minimum of 4 disks for redundancy), multiple backup systems, multiple malware scanners, premium spam filters for email and IP blacklist protection and a ton more.

MechanicWeb-shoss, Oct 4, 2016 IP
  4. mhosting.in

mhosting.in Member

Best Answers:
    if you donot want to shared than you go with vps and dedicated server,

mhosting.in, Oct 5, 2016 IP
  5. MatrixHosting

MatrixHosting Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Basically for the shared hosting plan, many users will be sharing one dedicated server's resources, both hardware and software. The server will be having pre-installed software's like web server, database server, many third party applications and web panel for configuration scripts, script installers e.t.c. In a shared hosting environment mostly more than hundreds of users will be sharing the same server. So If your application is not so resource hungry and performance Intensive you can go for shared hosting plan which is fairly cheap compared with the VPS plans. VPS plans on the other hand are better for highly performance intensive applications since it has much less number of users per server.

Hope this Helps.

MatrixHosting, Oct 9, 2016 IP
  6. StackNetwork

StackNetwork Peon

Best Answers:
    Shared Hosting is all about sharing resources of a dedicated server and Shared Hosting performance depend on how much resource you sharing with how much users.

Thanks.

StackNetwork, Oct 12, 2016 IP
  7. Andrew Shaw

Andrew Shaw Member

Best Answers:
    Shared hosting works around name-based virtual hosting. When a connection comes in the web server is able to see which domain has been asked for in the headers of the HTTP connection. It is then able to look up (in its configuration) where on disk that domain is stored and send it to the user.
    You can have many many many domains on a single IP and that how shared hosts work.
    The downside is that a naughty site on the same IP might damage the reputation of your site, but this is becoming less likely as search engine algorithms are catching up with how hosts are using IPs.
    You used to have to have a dedicated IP to have an SSL certificate, as the connection is encrypted, so the web server could not read the header, however, SNI has changed this, and every website on the same IP can now have it's own SSL certificate.

Andrew Shaw, Mar 13, 2017 IP