1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How does our name sound to English/non-scandinavian speakers?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by JuliusKoskela, Mar 9, 2015.

Hey!

My name is Julius. I'm a startup entrepreneur from Finland and I have a question I want to ask on behalf of a friend and their business. They are launching an app that helps users find bars and information about bars such as prices, locations and opening hours. They are struggling with a difficult name choice. They want to have a Finnish name, but one that wouldn't sound and look too weird or foreign to a foreigner. The question I ask is if you were a mobile user and we wanted that you could easily remember our apps name which one would you choose:

1. Olutnorsu
    2. Norsu

Just if you are interested norsu means an elephant and olut means beer. So the longer name would be "beerfant" more or less and the latter just means an elephant. You understand the little wordplay in question here (which obviously doesn't translate but works in Finland). Is Olutnorsu too long or foreign to remember? What about norsu?

Thank you very much in advance for your input.

Sincerely,

Julius Koskela

JuliusKoskela, Mar 9, 2015 IP
  2. internext

internext Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I could remember Norsu a lot easier

Good luck

internext, Mar 9, 2015 IP
  3. FPForum

FPForum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I'm in the US and Norsu sounds better, plus it's easier to remember. Go with that one!

FPForum, Mar 10, 2015 IP