1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How does id=2 know where "onmouseover" is

Discussion in 'C#' started by rrenderman, Jun 7, 2010.

A little complicated to explain so I attach an illustration...

I have a SERVICE page called page1.asp

admin will be able to add more subpages to that so it will be "page1.asp?id=2" and the links are on the left, main text and images in the middle (typical)

But when users view the page and click on the links I want the links to have the rollover effect (underline or bold) according to what page you are on

so QUESTION IS: ...how does this one template "page1.asp" know what link is highlighted according to on what page the user is ?

Explaination image :)

[​IMG]

rrenderman, Jun 7, 2010 IP
  2. pom4ik

pom4ik Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi,

i would try using javascript make the script run everytime the page load and get the querystring. If your page id match the position of the item on the menu that its perfect just write a simple IF statment to get the PageID and set the 'class' for that menu item position.

there are a bounch of samples on the net on how to get and parse the querystring using javascrtip.

hope this points you in the right direction

cheers

pom4ik, Jun 8, 2010 IP