1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How does Google make money

Discussion in 'Google' started by ben123456733, Oct 6, 2011.

I'm wondering how Google manages to keep itself afloat. If you can buy a $75 adwords voucher for $1, obviously Google doesn't end up getting $75. They still have to pay adsense users the full chunk though. I know they won't pay adsense users $75, but it's sure a lot more than $1.

Do they rely on the clicks from their site personally, and if they are losing money with adsense, why not remove it?

Surly there's something I'm missing here, anyone fill me in?

Read my last post before you answer.

ben123456733, Oct 6, 2011 IP
  2. joeuk

joeuk Peon

Best Answers:
    Because most adwords users don't but $75 vouchers for $1 and instead due to inexperience and lack of knowledge end up grossly overspending on their campaigns? The more adwords and adsense accounts google has signed up, the more money it makes.

joeuk, Oct 6, 2011 IP
  3. YasminS

YasminS Peon

Best Answers:
    These vouchers are mostly sold when they are not used or thrown away by the actual business owners whom they were sent to. On the contrary, it should be good enough for your realize that, if google can send vouchers worth of millions, how much are they actually making that they can afford to waste millions in trials.

YasminS, Oct 6, 2011 IP
  4. CanadianEh

CanadianEh Notable Member

Best Answers:
    They make money from advertising, lots of it. Don't worry about these vouchers affecting their bottom line.

CanadianEh, Oct 6, 2011 IP
  5. Cybernetuk

Cybernetuk Member

Best Answers:
    I wish I had Googles profits for a day!

Cybernetuk, Oct 6, 2011 IP
  6. CanadianEh

CanadianEh Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I would be quite happy with a minute or two.

CanadianEh, Oct 6, 2011 IP
  7. g36

g36 Peon

Best Answers:
    The voucher is only a way to entice new advertisers. If google has more advertisers, they get more money. And what's $75 anyway, google makes $1000 every second.

g36, Oct 6, 2011 IP
  8. noahqw

noahqw Member

Best Answers:
    Google makes money several different ways but their main stream of income comes from Google Adwords.

noahqw, Oct 6, 2011 IP
  9. normajbon

normajbon Peon

Best Answers:
    Google also makes money through Gmail. When we sign in to our mail accounts on Gmail which is probably the most popular at this point in time, we are shown sponsored links on our accounts. And these links are always relevant to the keywords of the mails that we receive.

normajbon, Oct 6, 2011 IP
  10. AndroidRoot

AndroidRoot Peon

Best Answers:
    Uhm...is this a serious question?? Not sure how Google makes money cause they give you a $75 voucher?? People spend thousands each money on keywords....when you are raking in billions monthly, 1 time $75 vouchers amount to squat.

AndroidRoot, Oct 6, 2011 IP
  11. ben123456733

ben123456733 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Okay, obviously I'm misunderstood here. I know Google makes a ton of money, I'm not saying they don't. I'm not asking every way how Google makes money.

I simply asked, why do they keep google adsense, how do they make money on this? I'm pretty sure there is almost nobody who pays for every bit of advertising they recieve. I bet close to all of their adwords balances come from vouchers, on the vouchers they lose a lot of money. I would bet they lose profit through all the vouchers and adsense.
    So my question is, do they rely on the advertisements the personally sponsor, google,gmail,youtube to make most of the adwords clicks? Otherwise I see no point in them keeping vouchers.

ben123456733, Oct 6, 2011 IP
  12. normajbon

normajbon Peon

Best Answers:
    Every time those links or banners are clicked Google gets a set amount (based on how high that click was bid). Under the adsense revenue sharing arrangement the website owners are given 30% of that revenue and Google keeps the other 70%. Google is making almost 2 billion dollar in revenue every quarter.Not every year, but EVERY QUARTER. And 97 percent of that money is from adsense.

normajbon, Oct 7, 2011 IP