1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How does Google AdWords work?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by Black Beard, May 6, 2010.

Basically I sign up for a Gmail account then use it to proceed in signing up for adwords account.
    Here are my questions
    1. Is there an setup fee?
    2. Could I use my 100$ voucher without paying any fee and basically use the voucher to pay for everything until it's finished?
    3. Are there any videos to show how it works?
    Also, my budget is very low.

Black Beard, May 6, 2010 IP
  2. aurtus

aurtus Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi There

All the answers I needed to start adwords campaigns I found with one of Google's resources:
    One of there youtube channels : youtube[dot]com/user/GoogleAdWordsHelp

they also have a google business youtube channel:
    youtube[dot]com/user/GoogleBusiness

which can be very helpful..

and the official Google adwords Blog, which may be able to clear things up a bit:
    adwords[dot]blogspot[dot]com

they are always making changes to adwords with what you can and cannot use in terms of vouchers, methods, trademarks...etc

Cheers.

aurtus, May 6, 2010 IP
  3. Lucid Web Marketing

Lucid Web Marketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1. $5 fee has not changed in ten years.
    2. yes, but you want to continue advertising don't you? The coupon I believe can be used to cover the $5 fee. You still need to submit a credit card which is used for verification and authorization purposes and of course to cover advertisement once the coupon runs out.
    3. Aurtus answered that.

Lucid Web Marketing, May 7, 2010 IP
  4. jackierough1

jackierough1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Google AdWords is Google's search and contextual ad platform. The best pay per click programs is Google Adwords because it is user-friendly, fast, has widest reach. You don't have to spend a fortune on it actually you can budget for $20 a day and be very strategic in your selection of keywords.

jackierough1, May 10, 2010 IP
  5. googlecrawl

googlecrawl Banned

Best Answers:
    Your ads will be online after you submit the voucher.You can see the data in your adwords account

googlecrawl, May 12, 2010 IP
  6. plaieu

plaieu Peon

Best Answers:
    sorry ..............

plaieu, May 12, 2010 IP
  7. brenddowling

brenddowling Peon

Best Answers:
    Google AdWords is Google's search and contextual ad platform. In this Google AdWords guide, you will get information of more thorough definition of the program. Google's text advertisements are short, consisting of one title line and two content text lines. Image ads can be one of several different Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) standard sizes.

brenddowling, May 12, 2010 IP
  8. jaikanth12

jaikanth12 Guest

Best Answers:
    You type in your query and Google displays the top ten results on the page. Google Adwords takes the advantage of this fact of a captive audience – the researcher – and displays a list of unobtrusive advertisements on the right side of the web page. These ads link directly to your website, immediately guaranteeing a focused audience. Also, Google offers the same facility for many of its partner sites like AOL and Earthlink etc. Recently, Google has started another service – Adsense. This service enables you to display your advertisements on a website relating to the product or service you are selling.

There are a few guidelines on how to optimize Google Adwords to work profitably for you. While choosing keywords (on whose searches your advertisement will appear) be very careful, otherwise you will just be wasting your money on some very general keywords. Also, since Google allows you to bid for the keywords you want, decide beforehand how much you are able to pay for a link. One of the crucial advantages of Google Adwords is that this is a Pay-Per-Click model. This means that you only need to pay money to Google when a searcher actually clicks on the link to your website and ends up visiting it.

jaikanth12, May 12, 2010 IP
  9. kingscrate

kingscrate Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm just starting with AdWords as well, is it better to do just search results, or include yourself on the content network?

kingscrate, May 12, 2010 IP