1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How does eBay affiliate program actually work?

Discussion in 'eBay' started by gandalf117, Nov 7, 2011.

A while ago I was learning about the ebay affiliate programs. I remember learning that you can put links of certain products (allowed for affiliate advertising) on your site and then when the buyers clicks on that link on your site it of course redirects them to ebay to buy the product. Simple enough but a couple of questions arise here:

1) Where does it redirect to? Ebay login page?

2) What if potential buyers click on links on your website but instead of buying directly decide to buy later and just save items in their watch list? If they buy later does it still count?

3) Can you promote auctions or only items that are with Buy It Now?

4) MOST IMPORTANTLY - Does ebay offer example links which you can implement on your website (for testing purposes), before registering in their partner network?

Giving help and opinion on any of these questions will be greatly appreciated, because I think ebay has done less than a good job in clarifying such things. Or maybe they did but I couldn't find it on their page. 4) is the the most important, because I distinctly remember that ebay had those links along with short tutorial on how to generate them somewhere.

gandalf117, Nov 7, 2011 IP
  2. mco65

mco65 Member

Best Answers:
    1) Where does it redirect to? Ebay login page? You can link to the LOGING PAGE but typically you link to the ITEM page.

2) What if potential buyers click on links on your website but instead of buying directly decide to buy later and just save items in their watch list? If they buy later does it still count? COOKIES. I think the eBay cookie is 7 days now so if they buy something within those 7 days, you get credit..

3) Can you promote auctions or only items that are with Buy It Now? BOTH

4) MOST IMPORTANTLY - Does ebay offer example links which you can implement on your website (for testing purposes), before registering in their partner network? I don't think so. You have to join EPN to see any linking code.

mco65, Dec 1, 2011 IP
  3. bill9404

bill9404 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would like to know more info about this as-well.

bill9404, Dec 2, 2011 IP
  4. gandalf117

gandalf117 Active Member

Best Answers:
    thank you, that was very helpful!

Do you know any good websites that are using the ebay affiliate program?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
    gandalf117, Dec 4, 2011 IP
  5. mco65

mco65 Member

Best Answers:
    well, i do konw this site uses it fairly well; cowboycards.com

mco65, Dec 5, 2011 IP
  6. sjdataservices

sjdataservices Peon

Best Answers:
    Regarding your 1st question, it will redirect on the link provided by you. If you have given product link it will redirect on the product page. Affiliates are not only paid for each purchase but they are also paid on each click that is directed to an eBay site. And again the price paid for each click will depend on quality of the traffic delivered. You can use affiliate program for promoting eBay auctions.

sjdataservices, Mar 21, 2012 IP