1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How does Copyscape and others work?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Colbyt, Jan 3, 2009.

1. parsibagan

parsibagan Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is better to paste the text directly in "copyscape's" page using the premium account which is far better at detecting plagiarism than the "free" account. Copying each individual sentence of a 1000 words+ article would leave me weak and begging for soup. ;)

parsibagan, Feb 18, 2009 IP
  2. verzent

verzent Peon

Best Answers:
    copyscape cannot be depend completely. and you can't trust the copyscape in most of the times.

verzent, Oct 21, 2009 IP
  3. Traffic-Bug

Traffic-Bug Active Member

Best Answers:
    You would copy paste the whole of the article into the textarea provided by copyscape (I think theres a max of 2000 words or something like that).

Traffic-Bug, Oct 21, 2009 IP
  4. digicam

digicam Active Member

Best Answers:
    More Copyscape issues:

Sometimes a Copyscape hit isn't proof of plagiarism. If you use a famous quote, it will probably cause a hit. I've seen it happen. As all my articles had to pass the Copyscape test, I had no choice but to remove the quoted sentence.

Copyscape will sometimes think there's a hit even if the phrases aren't identical. If there's too many similar words in one sentence, it will flag it. If you re-arrange the sentence enough, then yes, it will pass.

Unfortunately it can force honest writers into awkward writing just to avoid the hits. Yes, this is especially difficult for technical writing. I mean if you were to write a weight chart or a mathematical formula, how can you make it different?

Copyscape does have its uses though. It sure is good enough to catch those lazy "writers" who think they can get away with the ol' copy-paste method. :D

digicam, Oct 21, 2009 IP
  5. sunsoftsystem

sunsoftsystem Peon

Best Answers:
    Copyscape works great, when somebody post a duplicated content from any other website, Copyscpe detects it.
    If it doesn't show any other sites it means it has passed the content.

sunsoftsystem, Oct 23, 2009 IP
  6. omniscient

omniscient Active Member

Best Answers:
    No doubt copyscape works great but its not 100% right.

omniscient, Dec 26, 2009 IP
  7. awundrin

awundrin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am very skeptical about copyscape...I mean, just because it was one of the very first sites out there to check for duplicate content does not mean it is foolproof. The website itself is boring and tells you very little-no forum, nothing.
    I cannot even begin to imagine how copyscape can scan an article and then check the entire web for duplication in what, like 15 seconds? Impossible, I say.
    I would think that at least the developer would take some time to add to the site. I mean, hey, it costs me 5 cents to run one check there...I have to use it as EVERYONE depends on it and those nickles sure to add up when you are writing articles all day long.

awundrin, Jan 15, 2010 IP
  8. Otillier011

Otillier011 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You upload or copy paste the entire content and copyscape will prompt you if there are duplicate contents or not. I have been trying the learn the system used by copyscape and I have not been successful so far. But one thing good is that I never had problems with the contents that I have done since I begun my career as a freelance writer.

Otillier011, Jan 15, 2010 IP
  9. johagulo

johagulo Peon

Best Answers:
    Basically it starts to search for words that are bunched up together

johagulo, Jan 18, 2010 IP
  10. sureshprasad

sureshprasad Peon

Best Answers:
    In my view copyscape works best.

sureshprasad, Jan 25, 2010 IP
  11. grasshopper09