1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How does clickbank work?

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by karan265, Apr 18, 2007.

OK, so I got myself a ClickBank account.

I went to the marketplace, selected a product and created a hoplink, placed it on my site.

Now what am I supposed to do? I don't understand whats a Thank You page, how come I am supposed to provide the buyer with a download link of the product I am promoting when I myself don't have one?

Sorry for my newbish questions, I've never done affiliate marketing before. :eek:

Any help is GREATLY appreciated. :D

Best Regards,
    Karan

karan265, Apr 18, 2007 IP
  2. sji2671

sji2671 Self Made Mind

Best Answers:
  3. karan265

karan265 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am still unable to understand how do I setup the Thank You page! The FAQ is a bit stuffed up lol. I'd appreciate if someone can tell me how do I do so.

The vendor is http://xxxxx.gamed.hop.clickbank.net/

karan265, Apr 18, 2007 IP
  4. yourguides

yourguides Peon

Best Answers:
    As an affiliate, you don't have to worry about a Thank You page. The company you represent does all that.

All you have to do is advertise your ClickBank link for the product you're promoting and they take care of everything else.

Just so you know, though, I ran into some problems with ClickBank when requesting commissions. I can't remember the exact details but they have (had?) a policy that a certain number of orders must be made with Visa and MasterCard.

I had a number of sales but they had all used MasterCard. ClickBank refused to pay my commissions because I didn't have any sales with Visa, claiming that it was to prevent fraud. Even though each sale had a different card number, they wouldn't pay me until, after several e-mails back and forth, they agreed that I wasn't trying to defraud anyone.

After receiving my commissions, I closed my account.

Just a heads up for you.

Terry

yourguides, Apr 18, 2007 IP
  5. exolis

exolis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Every Clickbank affiliates experience the 5-sale rule, I don't think it's intended to be malicious, just a precautionary step.

Anyways if you are steadily getting sales then it shouldn't be a problem. If you are new then it will take a while but you'll get there, just keep at it :)

exolis, Apr 18, 2007 IP
  6. yourguides

yourguides Peon

Best Answers:
    It wasn't the five sales rule that I had a problem with. That I can understand, and I had more than five sales, anyway.

What I didn't understand what ClickBank's insistence that my customers be made up of those using both MasterCard and Visa.

As I explained to ClickBank, I have no control over what credit card my customers choose to use and I shouldn't be punished (by having my commissions withheld) just because they all chose MasterCard.

In the end, they agreed and paid me.

Terry

yourguides, Apr 18, 2007 IP
  7. CraigslistGuy

CraigslistGuy Banned

Best Answers:
    You only need the link. Every part of the sale is done by the Merchant.

CraigslistGuy, May 3, 2007 IP