1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How does Clickbank work from a vendor standpoint?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by topcoder, Dec 7, 2015.

I called there tech support line - but didn't get an answer (Apparently they are all in training :/)
    SEMrush
    1) If I offer a product on "Recurring Subscription" product on clickbank - Who bills the client repeatedly? Currently Paypal does this for me - But what happens when someone makes the purchase through a clickbank affliate?

2) Does clickbank use their own paypal IPN or do I continue to use my PayPal buttons? How does this work, I rely on the IPN's from paypal to activate peoples accounts.

3) How does Clickbank differ from "Post Affiliate Pro" - with PAP I control everything from - paying affiliates to using my PayPal buttons - The whole process is clear to me. I know clickbank has a bunch of affiliates using it that's a marketing edge for sure, I know clickbank takes a % for their service. But what differs on the payment/control side (who's in charge) - are the recurring subscriptions set up under clickbanks system or my system?

topcoder, Dec 7, 2015 IP
    SEMrush
  2. rjd1265

rjd1265 Active Member

Best Answers:
    1. Yes, Clickbank will take care of all your payments for you. They also charge every month on your behalf for recurring subscriptions. If an affiliate made the sale, they also make sure they get their cut each month
    2. You can use any payment graphic you want, you just make sure the link is your payment link that clickbank gives you.

Here are the steps to get started:
    https://support.clickbank.com/entries/22806357-creating-your-first-product

3. everything is set up under their system. You can copy your site and have what you are using now and a clickbank site under a new url or just use clickbank.
    I just use clickbank...i dont have time to track and pay my affiliates...they do that all for me.

rjd1265, Dec 15, 2015 IP
    topcoder likes this.
  3. graphicguy

graphicguy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    To my knowledge, ClickBank has everything set up under their system. So you don't have to do all the tracking and tech stuff by yourself! This is a huge time saver for any online marketer!

graphicguy, Nov 17, 2016 IP
  4. topcoder

topcoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I've been using it for 8 months now.

So now I know the answers to my own questions.

1) Clickbank Owns the Subscription, They repeatedly bill the clients and takes care of all the affiliate payouts automatically.
    2) Clickbank has an INS (Instant Notification System) - It's pretty much the same as PayPal, just a little more complicated to set up in .net. If you can't get the latest version working just buy this Clickbank INS Control for .NET makes it super easy and will save you weeks of frustration.
    3) Clickbank is in-charge - Makes it super easy. PAP might be cheaper - you'll pay less fees, but you'll have to manage everything.

I think I generate more sales through Clickbank than I did with Paypal, it's close. Clickbank is more expensive because of the fees, but that the cost of doing business with an affiliate system.

I have no regrets, the only thing that's a minor hassle is I have to wait for new products to be approved, with Paypal I just create a button.

topcoder, Nov 19, 2016 IP
  5. thedark

thedark Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Clickbank works as a reseller. You give them the rights to sell and resell your software. This is why they need approval before accepting it int ot the marketplace. For one of my products they said they do not understand very well the concept and they denied it.

I sold other product with them for about 2 years. I stopped 2 years ago and I still receive recurring payments in clickbank. They send me a check once in a while. The product is not available anymore in the marketplace but they still credit my account for already created subscriptions.

On the other hand, Paypal is only a payment processor. They care only about the payments.

I moved to other reseller because it was pretty hard to change the price on clickbank, give discounts, offers etc. For every change in price or product I had to notify them about this and they took 7-10 days to respond. Also, I was not able to offer different payment plans ( monthly, yearly, lifetime ), unless I created a different product.

thedark, Jan 8, 2017 IP