1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how does an affiliate network work?

Discussion in 'Google' started by boni_yum, Jul 11, 2010.

Hi guys !

I'm new in affliliate marketting !

Can somebody explain me how an affiliate network works?

Lets say i have sign up for an affiliate network for a site selling xyz item.
    And i'm sending traffic / people from my blog .. to the site selling xyz.

How do i know , those people went from my site really buys their product or not ?
    Bcoz, i only earn when they buy their product ...?(hope i m right)

How do u keep a tract of the clicks/traffic send from my blog?

Is thier any plugin for wordpress (free and paid)where i can tract/keep a record of the clicks/traffics!

came across sites like http://www.manageaffiliatelinks.com / what do this these sites do ... are they helpfull ...

Am i allowed to run google adsense along with affliate links ...

Can some body explain me in details ...

Thanks a ton in advance !

boni_yum, Jul 11, 2010 IP
  2. Justin_Dupre

Justin_Dupre Peon

Best Answers:
    At least you are in the right forum to get started. You should get started by learning about keywords, SEO, CPA (Cost Per Action), PPC (Pay per click) and so on with affiiate programs .. Are you belong to any affiliate network? You should try reading more throughout this form thread and start with Commission Junction or ClickBank. Good luck!

Justin_Dupre, Jul 12, 2010 IP
  3. dgaunn4114

dgaunn4114 Member

Best Answers:
    An affiliate network basically works in the following way. Merchants create a product that they think will sell, but they don't want to actually do the work to get it out to the general public. So, they pay people a certain percentage of the price if they sell it for them.

dgaunn4114, Jul 13, 2010 IP
  4. Justin_Dupre

Justin_Dupre Peon

Best Answers:
    Commission Junction or Clickbank would be good for you to start. You pretty much take an offer from the network and you get pay by bringing them more traffic and sales.

Justin_Dupre, Jul 15, 2010 IP
  5. boni_yum

boni_yum Member

Best Answers:
    How do i know , those people went from my site really buys their product or not ?
    Bcoz, i only earn when they buy their product ...?(hope i m right)

How do u keep a tract of the clicks/traffic send from my blog?

Is thier any plugin for wordpress (free and paid)where i can tract/keep a record of the clicks/traffics!

boni_yum, Jul 17, 2010 IP
  6. summerliu2010

summerliu2010 Peon

Best Answers:
    I also have this kind of question, how can I know my customer has bought things from my website , how does a tracking number work? Now why not come to my web site and see.http://www.nike-dunksb.org/

summerliu2010, Jul 17, 2010 IP
  7. Vrindavan

Vrindavan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on the trust of the affiliate network and the merchants.

They have the transaction data, not you.

So affiliates do have a disadvantage not having such data/info the first hand.

Vrindavan, Jul 19, 2010 IP
  8. Syed Bilal

Syed Bilal Peon

Best Answers:
    Is any good tutorials with pictorial representation and good examples to get well versed with Affiliated marketing.

Please help

new to the same field..

Syed Bilal, Jul 20, 2010 IP
  9. aqif

aqif Member

Best Answers:
    I think you can find a lot of information about this affiliate things through google.

But I simply said that Affiliate Marketing looks like this:

You choose product / services to promote > Market it (Gain traffic) and make some sales > You get the payment. :)

However, it is not easy though. By I really suggest you to use email marketing as your number one marketing weapons.

Just my 2 cents. Hope this information helps you. :)

aqif, Jul 20, 2010 IP
  10. Jutt

Jutt Peon

Best Answers:
    its very siple friend.join the clickbank as soon as bossible.if u really intersted in affiliate network work.where u can get every thing about affiliate network work.its amazing and u really enjoy the work with clickbank.i hope u understand.

Jutt, Jul 24, 2010 IP
  11. alex06291

alex06291 Peon

Best Answers:
    Suppose you have a website and you are selling link building services on that, on the other hand, you also have invited affiliate to join your affiliate network, if any affiliate join then you have his/her information and if any services sold by the affiliate then you would any commission to them as yo decided before about how much percentage you have to pay to your affiliate.

About tracking, you should have programming knowledge or you should create website on wordpress where you can implement plugin for tracking affiliates

alex06291, Jul 25, 2010 IP
  12. EmpyreRamiz

EmpyreRamiz Member

Best Answers:
    Affiliate networks are like middle man which links advertiser and publisher with each other. They provide service for advertise to market there product and to affiliate they provide diff product and payouts. this is how affiliate networks works in simple form...

EmpyreRamiz, Jul 30, 2010 IP
  13. SteveDakine

SteveDakine Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi boni_yum,

like any other form of online marketing, you need extreme hard work and dedication, but the potential rewards are worth it.

As was stated before, study in as much depth as you can the different main ways to market online. Then choose a couple and try them out.

At the moment I prefer SEOing quality websites built around carefully considered niche. I use the software Market Samurai to explore the best niches, then I build a super landing page, with blog - all very targetted, offering as much value as possible. Tracking is essential, explore the various methods. Many well established affiliate networks have good levels of tracking, and so you can work out what keyword led to what exact product/ service sold.

I also use PPC, but this can be very competitive/ expensive to be honest. You should start out just placing your ads on the search engine pages, not the content network. Ideally you can find keywords that are underused by the competitioni, that still have over 1000 traffic per month and good buyer potential. PPC can be a very effective way of exploring the best keywords to use on a website that you will then create to sell the same product.

Email marketing is very effective if you have a large and targeted enough list. This takes a very long time to build though, and buying email lists (I have never done this) sounds extremely ineffectual, no matter how targetted/ responsive you think or are told they are.

Banner advertising was has been really effective apparently, but again, I've never tried it. Some cheaper networks exist, apparently a great replacement for PPC.

Just my 2 pence !

SteveDakine, Aug 4, 2010 IP
  14. tjmedia

tjmedia Peon

Best Answers:
    You can always track your sales, impressions and clicks within your affiliate account. As for wp plugin - i recommend wordpress quick stats. It's free and do the trick in real time

tjmedia, Aug 11, 2010 IP
  15. gstek

gstek Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Does Google affiliates is beneficial for Indian Traffic? I am also looking forward to try it but
    Majority traffic of my websites are from INDIA.

gstek, Aug 11, 2010 IP
  16. dvduval113

dvduval113 Guest

Best Answers:
    it is an affliate program like CJ and clickbank
    I have already tried two times but still have no success but I have heard from my friends that the Google Affiliate Network is really worth spending time and money! I will do my best to get in! Let you know about the results as soon as I find out something!

dvduval113, Aug 11, 2010 IP
  17. J Taylor

J Taylor Peon

Best Answers:
    In an Affiliate Network, publishers get paid for every successful sale transactions that their site brings to advertisers.

J Taylor, Aug 25, 2010 IP
  18. way2tech

way2tech Member

Best Answers:
    i just followed that but i do not understand that....

way2tech, Sep 1, 2010 IP
  19. internetworkshop

internetworkshop Peon

Best Answers:
    Here's some free marketing advice - a little trick I use to keep the merchants I represent honest so I know if I'm getting paid for a sale:

First, you should already be doing the first part, but it doesn't hurt to review...

1. DO NOT send the traffic directly to the affiliate offer - send the visitor to a capture page first. That way YOU get to build your list as well.
    2. On the capture page, give them something free for opting in (OK - again, no brainer and you should be doing this)
    3. Make the something free related to whatever you're promoting as an affiliate, and make it a digitally delivered product that has REAL value.
    4. Give them something else for free inside the freebie they downloaded (or in an autoresponder message) only AFTER they buy and send the receipt info

For example...

If you're promoting a weight loss product, give away a free report that pre-sells the product. In your free report include a coupon to ANOTHER free product they get only AFTER they buy and send you the receipt info. Trust me, if they do buy the affiliate product, they will HOUND you until they get the second free product. If they don't buy, you still get the name and email address added to your list, and if they do buy you have a check and balance system.

Another one that works VERY well with CPA offers - offer them a rebate. If you're getting $25 on a CPA deal, offer to give them a $10 rebate if they keep the product 60 days (or whatever is past the payout date of the CPA merchant). Your sales will increase and again, they will HOUND you for the rebate, and by providing the receipt # you have a way of keeping tabs on the merchant. Yes, you're giving up some of your commission, but that's the cost of doing business and you have proof that a sale was made through your link. $15 verified profit is better than nothing...

internetworkshop, Sep 14, 2010 IP
  20. ptristan88

ptristan88 Member

Best Answers:
    The main purpose behind an affiliate network is so a merchant (someone selling something) can pay others a small amount for each person that they lead to their website or business. Some are confident enough to pay for leads knowing they can convince them to buy something. Other times they pay not only for leads but for actions (CPA-cost per action) which is far more likely because it means that the merchant doesn't have to do much accept to process an order from a customer that you sent them. It's a win win for everyone really. Hope this helps

Last edited: Sep 16, 2010
    ptristan88, Sep 16, 2010 IP