1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How does Adsense determine content?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by english-test.net, Feb 13, 2005.

Hi,

Could anyone please tell me how the Adsense algorithm works? I mean, what are the factors that determine the ads displayed on your pages? I've noticed on our pages that in some cases the Google ads are related to the content of that particular page whereas in many cases the ads simply reflect the overall topic of our site. It would be much more effective for Google, their advertisers, our users and us if we could display ads that relate to the contents of a particular page rather than the topic of our site.
    What are your experiences here?
    Thanks in advance,
    Torsten

english-test.net, Feb 13, 2005 IP
  2. dejaone

dejaone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    google won't let anyone know its algorithm. It takes lot of clicks and a sevral months get get ads that work well. I think google use the CTR and conversion to improve the ads served.

dejaone, Feb 13, 2005 IP
  3. explorer

explorer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you have a site that's generally about topics A, B, C, D and you write a page for topic X, where topic X is a high cpc topic, you'll probably still get ads for topics A, B, C, D. Google does not seem to serve ads for its highest value terms to just anyone.

Love to hear it if anyone has a different experience.

explorer, Feb 13, 2005 IP
  4. seo1

seo1 Peon

Best Answers:
    In order to get high cpc topic X ads, you probably need to have 2-3 pages about topic X. :)

seo1, Feb 13, 2005 IP
  5. fromkhun

fromkhun Guest

Best Answers:
    you can try changing your page title and see what ad will show on the adsense

fromkhun, Feb 14, 2005 IP