1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do your Msn Rankings compare with Beta

Discussion in 'Bing' started by ! !, Nov 11, 2004.

1. mudnik

mudnik Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah..same thing applies for me...but the ranking of my site for various keywords have been dropping slowly compared to their positions a week ago. From #1,2 to #5,6 and from #5,6 to #10+. Maybe the engine have been indexing more sites.

mudnik, Nov 19, 2004 IP
  2. cgo85

cgo85 Peon

Best Answers:
    Sitetutor... are you saying that there maybe a filter specifically for Real Estate related websites or other niched websites in the SERPS? I've never heard of this... I like the new MSN though because it seems to being indexing pages fast. I've found backlinks that I've acquired earlier in the day show up at night!!! Crazy!!!

cgo85, Nov 20, 2004 IP
  3. eclipse

eclipse Peon

Best Answers:
    MSN is not so great. One of my old site ranks #1 for 30 000 000 kw with just 20 000 blog spamed backlinks ;/ This is not a good sign. This kw is verry competative.

eclipse, Nov 21, 2004 IP
  4. Las Vegas Homes

Las Vegas Homes Guest

Best Answers:
    Cgo85, I to believe that their is a real estate only fliter that google has. I believe though that it is only applied to certain major markets. I also believe it is based on the number of websites using adwords within that market.

I feel google has also placed more fliters on websites related to real estate that dont apply to other industies and also a different weighting factor for links going to and from real estate related websites as well.

Las Vegas Homes, Nov 21, 2004 IP
  5. 4Comparison

4Comparison punkah walla

Best Answers:
    It is interesting to examine the posts regarding MSN beta here and on other forums. Many sites jump from obscurity in G & Y to top 10. My new sites ( < 6mo.) have optimized pages, with very good allin: results, below 1000 in G & Y for many keyphrases but rank top 20 in the beta. Older, established sites have smaller changes, most slightly down.

IMHO, I think the beta has no reference to age of site presence and must rely on content. Even B/Ls do not appear to have a major significance in the beta so far. That might be worked out prior to release since they now have the data from their massive indexing.

I have also noticed the beta will not go deep into the SERPs for a given term. When trying to get page 10-15, it always fails. They have a bulk of work yet to be done.

4Comparison, Nov 25, 2004 IP
  6. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    I get that with google too. :)

SEbasic, Nov 25, 2004 IP
  7. Foxy

Foxy Chief Natural Foodie

Best Answers:
    What I do find is that sometimes when I search [for this phrase I am #1] I am not there, but if I refresh/re-search it mostly comes back/appears, however yesterday it would not appear at all, but this morning it is back.

I thought that it might have something to do with the caching dates, anybody else experience this?

Foxy, Nov 26, 2004 IP
  8. melfan

melfan Peon

Best Answers:
    @foxy - I also experience that every now and then.

melfan, Nov 26, 2004 IP
  9. darqSHADOW

darqSHADOW Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, MSNBot hit me big for the first time, over 10k pages last nite alone. I checked today on the beta page, and I'm ranked page 1 for all of my targetted keywords. I even have better rankings on the new MSN than on Google.

DS

darqSHADOW, Nov 27, 2004 IP
  10. Extranet Guy

Extranet Guy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    anyone heard any dirt about when they're going to go live with the Beta index?

Extranet Guy, Nov 29, 2004 IP
  11. ! !

! ! Guest

Best Answers:
    ! !, Dec 7, 2004 IP
  12. jebby

jebby Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the tip! I sure like the beta results for all my keywords.

jebby, Dec 7, 2004 IP
  13. cgo85

cgo85 Peon

Best Answers:
    From what I've heard they've gone live with it in some areas.

cgo85, Dec 7, 2004 IP
  14. mudnik

mudnik Peon

Best Answers:
    Heard from who and in what areas?

mudnik, Dec 8, 2004 IP
  15. gchaney

gchaney Peon

Best Answers:
    Welpers, I like both. Ranking well in MSN now for all but two primary and one primary jumps in and out as I keep messing with it....lol

In beta I own all my KW from #1 to lowest #10 which is what I want.

If beta goes live as stands my traffic is going to sky rocket based on MSN alone due to searches per month factor only vs position location for majors.

With regards to G, well, they can go to hell. Nowhere to be found anywhere except one minor phrase stuck in the 60's. All the MSN Standard results tell me is G is "repressing" my site for being 6 months old now. (oops, happy b-day site!! lol)

Cheers

gchaney, Dec 8, 2004 IP
  16. iconrate

iconrate Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
  17. ! !

! ! Guest

Best Answers:
    ! !, Dec 30, 2004 IP
  18. daamsie

daamsie Peon

Best Answers:
    Reading over those pages, all it really says is that the meta description tag is used in creating the 'description' that msn shows (just like Google does basically). I couldn't find any quote saying it is factored into the serps. Can you point me to one??

daamsie, Jan 4, 2005 IP
  19. Las Vegas Homes

Las Vegas Homes Guest

Best Answers:
    The one thing I see in MSN Beta that is not being used to calculate serps is the age of the website. IMHO the age of a website is very very very important in googles algo. I believe even more so important than BLs. As just one piece of evidence of this search Atlanta real estate in google and look at the # 1 website, google shows this site with 41 BLs indexed and the site is # 1.

The date which that website was created was in 1998 so IMHO I believe age of the site holds A LOT more weight than BLs.Also comparing my real estate market here when you look at the dates which all the real estate agent websites were created they are all ranked according to the age of the website. There are however a few exceptions to this. One site in my market contains about 70 more BLs than the site below them, however the site below them was created 6 months before.

Dont get me wrong I believe BLs are very important but I dont believe they hold as much weight as they use to with Google. IMHO age age age.

Las Vegas Homes, Jan 5, 2005 IP
  20. ! !

! ! Guest

Best Answers:
    There was no quote

just "copied in quotes" the keywords in meta description Tags - - -
    from individual Pages and used as a search term --- they came up in the SERPs

Been using that technique with all SEs to discover what TAGS and Attributes are used in Ranking Algorithms

! !, Jan 5, 2005 IP