1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do you write when you're not in the mood?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Spoiltdiva, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    What would you do if you worked for an advertising firm as I did? Or you were under contract for a television network and had to produce content? There are many examples I could offer you of scenarios where writers have no choice but to produce daily. So....this thread is about having to write when you're not in the mood.

"I don't write when I don't feel like it", is of no help at all.
    SEMrush

Spoiltdiva, Jun 12, 2017 IP
    SEMrush
  2. blacks_moon

blacks_moon Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been writing for years now, both for work and pleasure. :) The only difference is that I could stop whenever I wanted when I was writing for pleasure, but you can't do that when you're writing for work. What I do in those instances is try to complete another task that doesn't require me to come up with creative, funny, and engaging content. :) If I have a deadline, though, I try to find inspiration in other people's works, but I do not copy from them, just read to get more information. Research is a god-sent solution to my problems. :D

blacks_moon, Jun 14, 2017 IP
  3. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    I believe that we have all done that at one time or another. Any writer who claims that they haven't, is a liar.;)

Spoiltdiva, Jun 14, 2017 IP
  4. BuffyRK

BuffyRK Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi. I often get stuck when writing too, it's frustrating. It's true that we depend on our mood a lot and once it goes down, it takes the whole inspsiration thing down with it.
    When I'm like that, I often go out for a walk if possible. Fresh air helps refresh my mind. I'd do something else to take my mind off of writing for a bit (but absolutely no more reading because it's still WORDS lol). Eventually if I just can't continue anymore I'll call it a day, have a good long shower and sleep. Start again the next day.

BuffyRK, Jun 28, 2017 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  5. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Good old Mother Nature, she has always been the best motivator...(well that and $$$) to revive my spirits, when not in the mood to write.

Spoiltdiva, Jun 28, 2017 IP
  6. Gosuperb

Gosuperb Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Writers are not machines and having writer's block is completely normal. Every writer has his/her own strategies how to get himself/herself motivated to write again. I like listening music, going out for a walk, taking a shower or just playing with my cat, that usually helps. Oh and making coffee breaks can be a rewarding ritual too!

Gosuperb, Jul 12, 2017 IP
  7. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    My cat has never been an inducer in regards to promoting my writing, as it has an irritating habit of jumping on the keyboard to garnish my attention.

Spoiltdiva, Jul 12, 2017 IP