1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do you write when you're not in the mood?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Spoiltdiva, Mar 23, 2012.

1. ViolentAJ

ViolentAJ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    These are all great ideas. I am currently undergoing a 1000-word per day challenge to get the juices flowing. I might not write all 1000 words in one piece. I write 500 towards the book I am working on, 300 in a blog post, and 200 towards a client's assignments, for instance. I usually end up finding myself writing more, and becoming a better writer in the process!

ViolentAJ, Nov 12, 2016 IP
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Yes that is a popular term to describe what we are addressing in this blog.

Spoiltdiva, Nov 12, 2016 IP
  3. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    And that is what we must all keep striving to do, otherwise it just becomes a meaningless way to pay the bills.

Spoiltdiva, Nov 12, 2016 IP
    ViolentAJ likes this.
  4. Klepon Pink

Klepon Pink Member

Best Answers:
    I will just read some blogs, news, and talk to people- perhaps asking their opinion about your topic, or just some casual talk, and get back to my writing in an hour if the deadline is threatening. But if there are many days left, I will get back to it in 1 or 2 days.

Klepon Pink, Nov 21, 2016 IP
  5. chachashi

chachashi Member

Best Answers:
    I always take a break when I'm not in the mood. Writing when you are distracted equals low quality work most times

chachashi, Nov 21, 2016 IP
  6. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Ah yes the dreaded deadline, how many of us have had to face that?
    @chachashi
    "Low quality work", as long as you care about not submitting this you can consider yourself a true writer. It's when one stops caring, that it's time to get out and find another way to make a living.

Spoiltdiva, Nov 22, 2016 IP
  7. chachashi

chachashi Member

Best Answers:
    if the pay is good, outsource to someone else at a lower price. That's how I manage on tough days

chachashi, Nov 22, 2016 IP
  8. hirensurve

hirensurve Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Best time for writing is morning and night time. So you are not distracted by any noise. Whenever you write article, get a cup of coffee and listen slow music whichever you love. After each 10 minutes interval you should refresh yourself. So this break will give you to craft good articles.

Also whenever you feel you just can't write now. Do some meditations, not yoga. Try to calm yourself if anything is bothering you. Control your thoughts in positive manner so outcome will be great.

hirensurve, Nov 23, 2016 IP
  9. chachashi

chachashi Member

Best Answers:
    why not yoga?

chachashi, Nov 23, 2016 IP
  10. syda

syda Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    When I'm not in the mood or have writer's block I write cheap articles for cheap clients in bulk. Just blab away. I can do that even half asleep, although then I might wake up to an article with a bunch of unexpected twists and turns, like in the movies :D.

When I'm in the mood for writing, I write for higher paying customers and articles that actually need some research and thought.

syda, Nov 24, 2016 IP
  11. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    It's a luxury that many writers simply do not have. Years ago I was under contract and could not always outsource, so I had to write advertising jingles and useless crap in order to pay the bills. It made no difference if I was in the mood or not....had to get it done on time.

@hirensurve
    When I used to write for a living I always found that I wrote better first thing in the morning when my energy level was high. My so called talents seemed to die off as the day wore on.

Spoiltdiva, Nov 24, 2016 IP
  12. Resumexpert

Resumexpert Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am resume expert for many years. I f you love your job you are good at it and never get bored.

Resumexpert, Jan 25, 2017 IP
  13. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Mr.Expert, I hope that you are not writing these resumes in English are you?

Spoiltdiva, Jan 25, 2017 IP
  14. Resumexpert

Resumexpert Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Work hard and don't give up hope. Be open to criticism and keep learning. Surround yourself with happy, warm and genuine people. Have a good day

Resumexpert, Jan 25, 2017 IP
  15. Anitasol

Anitasol Active Member

Best Answers:
    My passion in writing drives me to write even when I don't feel like doing so. The liberation I feel when I write also makes things lighter. I guess that's enough to keep working.

Anitasol, Jan 26, 2017 IP
  16. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Yes very good but....what do you do when the passion is not there as strongly as it is normally? It simply cannot be there when things are not going well in your life, or you are physically worn out so.....what do you do when you are *not* in the mood to write?

Spoiltdiva, Jan 26, 2017 IP
  17. Anitasol

Anitasol Active Member

Best Answers:
    You know, sometimes when I feel like not writing at all, I just take short breaks and a little nap time before getting my head on the game. And based on my observation, I forget that kind of feeling when I'm already writing. So I guess I go back to my first answer, which is the liberation I feel when I write makes things lighter than I thought it would be.

I guess when you feel worn out, just take time to breathe. It helps you shrug off the negative vibes and get back to work stronger and better.

Anitasol, Jan 27, 2017 IP
  18. Guitar Prince

Guitar Prince Member

Best Answers:
    When I am not in the mood, I simply do not write. Even If I try it is still useless

Guitar Prince, Feb 12, 2017 IP
  19. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    I see you've managed to get yourself banned, still happy? Have a good day.:)

Spoiltdiva, Feb 13, 2017 IP
  20. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    That won't work if you have regular clients. And if you are fortunate enough to be under contract with a firm as I once was, you have to produce content whether you feel like it or not. So your input is worthless.
    Welcome to the real world where we can't always do what we want, when we want to.

Spoiltdiva, Feb 13, 2017 IP