1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do you write when you're not in the mood?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Spoiltdiva, Mar 23, 2012.

1. alexandrubitca

alexandrubitca Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's not about his books, only a training video, and I don't think it's a waste of time; I'd better spend 1h for a video and learn how to avoid some mistakes rather than commit them and loose clients or money.
    But, if you're telling me about learning from life, well I spoke about my experience with news and reportages. :)
    And, in conclusion, if you wrote about learning from your own mistakes (from a business perspective) then you sure know that the things you like or have patience with are not relevant with the things other users like and have patience to read. But I'm sure you know this well :)

alexandrubitca, Jun 21, 2013 IP
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Not that it really matters but, I was born in France and English is not my 1st language. I just happen to be into linguistics and believe that writing is an art form. You sir are not an artist, but are more of a house painter.:cool:

Spoiltdiva, Jun 21, 2013 IP
  3. Auxi

Auxi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I take it as compliment. You know those nowaday self-confident artists :) House painting is honest job.

Auxi, Jun 21, 2013 IP
  4. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    That should be "House painting is *an* honest job". (Can't help being a grammar Nazi.);)

5. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Be quiet you snob. It's a good thing he can speak a 2nd language I wish I could :(

dcristo, Jun 21, 2013 IP
  6. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    I speak 5 languages (3 very well) but who's counting? Anyway your comment is a typical immature dcristo speciality. Served very quickly and without any seasoning or love of the culinary arts. I sometimes wonder why you even bother.
    For what it's worth ( this ought to be good for a laugh) what gets *you* in the mood to write?

7. dcristo

Best Answers:
    Articles:

I write more out of necessity than anything else. Although I am much more fussy with what writing jobs I accept nowadays. If you're passionate about writing on a topic, it's much easier getting in the mood to do it.

dcristo, Jun 21, 2013 IP
  8. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    At least you are somewhat useful, as you bump up my thread whenever you post on it.:cool:

9. dcristo

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Now you're trying to suck up to me because you belittled me. I will have none of it :p

dcristo, Jun 21, 2013 IP
  10. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    It appears that sarcasm is lost on the......(you can fill in the blank);)

Now let's see if this thread can attract a writer, and somehow we can get back to topic.

11. dcristo

Best Answers:
    Articles:

on the internet... snobs are so full of (you can fill in the blank) :)

dcristo, Jun 21, 2013 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  12. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    I *HATE* to admit it, I really do but....that was funny!:rolleyes:

13. dcristo

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Meh, I think you just like my aussie accent. We're all convicts though, so unless you like bad boys, it's best you not like it too much :p

dcristo, Jun 21, 2013 IP
  14. joshuthomas

joshuthomas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    it is really really great not to write content then because usually you do not come out with great results when you force yourselves to blog or write content., take a break and comeback in full form :)

joshuthomas, Jun 22, 2013 IP
  15. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    @joshuthomas
    I can agree with your comment, but some writers have to produce daily in order to pay the bills. So like it or not they need to come up with content every few hours.
    Wouldn't it be nice if we could write *only* when we were in the mood, and our creative juices and energies were at their zenith?
    And do clients really care if we are in the mood to write? They need the content when they need it, not when we are in the mood to write, there in lies the problem.

Spoiltdiva, Jun 22, 2013 IP
    dcristo likes this.
  16. joshuthomas

joshuthomas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Yes buddy, I totally agree with you if that is the case. I was referring to blogging the way I am used to. I am self employed and a professional blogger. It often happens that I dont feel like writing and since there is no one to force me, I take that day off and come back super refreshed but not very often I am off mood from writing because I write about what am passionate about..

But on the flip side, If you are writing for others there are two aspects - 1. you need to be professional and there is no question of mood coming in 2. They pay you for your service, just like any other job. The only solution here is stay motivated by the income you make by writing for others and take short breaks, spend time with family and do something you enjoy in between your writing activities..

cheers and wishing you luck.
    regards, Josh

joshuthomas, Jun 22, 2013 IP
  17. Emma Pollard

Emma Pollard Active Member

Best Answers:
    I write a lot of Adult content both for clients and my own sites, I enjoy what I do and this helps me to stay focused. There are times when I have to write for a client when I am not really in the mood and on a topic I am less passionate about, at these times I find a news topic I find interesting and emotive, read the comments and leave one or two myself. I then put on my *creative* music (typically Woodkid or The Lumineers) and then I find I am good to go. There are times when I have to force myself to write but I find that the work produced is not of the usual high standard that I produce.

Emma Pollard, Jun 22, 2013 IP
    joshuthomas likes this.
  18. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    @Emma Pollard
    It has been written that music has power to sooth the savage breast.........and to motivate writers.;) Not surprisingly as music is a creative art, and can it not be said that our writing is as well? The two (music & writing) are so very compatible. I usually have soft music in the background when I write.

Spoiltdiva, Jun 22, 2013 IP
  19. Emma Pollard

Emma Pollard Active Member

Best Answers:
    @Diva, I am actually a bit of a rock chic but find that this is not conducive to good writing. I find Woodkid in particular very inspiring, he is a fantastic artist with such an amazing sound. :)

Emma Pollard, Jun 22, 2013 IP
  20. Zion Amal Rafeeq

Zion Amal Rafeeq Member

Best Answers:
    I think the best solution is "NOT TO WRITE" when you're NOT in the mood :)

Zion Amal Rafeeq, Jul 1, 2013 IP