1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do you write a salespage?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by mindmember, Aug 27, 2011.

I'm looking for the best way to write a salespage.

I have heard AIDA is a good way. Can some people help me out here
    and explain what to write inside each section?

Thanks

mindmember, Aug 27, 2011 IP
  2. mindmember

mindmember Member

Best Answers:
    Fast response 24 hours later nothing!

mindmember, Aug 28, 2011 IP
  3. ronharper

ronharper Peon

Best Answers:
    The AIDA model you mentioned are good principles to keep in mind, but you'll need a specific model to copy and emulate before you try your hand on writing your own.

I suggest you look at the salespages on the WTS threads on this forum, as well as do some Google searches on Internet Marketing products. Try to find some commonalities in their sales talk, and build your own similar one.

Don't try to reinvent the wheel! If it ain't broke, then don't fix it. :) Good luck with whatever you're hoping to sell!

ronharper, Aug 28, 2011 IP
  4. CalebWa

CalebWa Peon

Best Answers:
    You're not going to learn how to write a sales page from a single thread. Remember also that everyone uses their own model and that although AIDA gives you a basic idea, it's far from comprehensive.

What you need to do to understand how to write a sales page is read some books by acclaimed copywriters. Next you can shadow some proven copy that has been known to work in the past. Look up big names in the biz and then use their copy for your swipe file for ideas and techniques. Next look into understanding what makes a sale. What are the psychological mechanisms that copywriters exploit to have their reader really feel a need for their product?

It takes a months to learn proper copy, and more often than not years to perfect it.

In short it's like this:

Header - if you botch this, your letter is useless

Subheader - bring the reader from your grab to your body text

Body - There are so many techniques here it's uncanny. Sell your product's benefits not it's features. Make sure to sell the BIG IDEA first.

Call to action - This has to be well crafted. Don't just give a money back guarantee or tell them to buy it now. Make it so that they are so convinced that they are forced to buy your product and your call to action solidifies that sales conviction.

CalebWa, Sep 11, 2011 IP
    geegel and TedPeterson like this.
  5. sweetcrabhoney18

sweetcrabhoney18 Banned

Best Answers:
    There are tons of ebooks on amazon that offer advice on how to write a sale page. A few are under $5. They provide step by step guidelines and also tons of examples. I think the best way to learn is by example then practice. Always remember that one sales page is NEVER enough. Write two or even four and test them and see which one does the best then use that one. Selling is all about practice so don't be afraid to take the time to learn, perfect and grow. Good luck!

sweetcrabhoney18, Sep 20, 2011 IP
  6. g36

g36 Peon

Best Answers:
    It's all about human psychology. Basically you want people to buy from you. So you need to make people buy from you.

g36, Sep 20, 2011 IP
  7. ncsalestrainer

ncsalestrainer Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I suggest having your copy concentrate on the problems that you solve for your clients. Show that you understand their world, and the problems they commonly experience. This is much more effective than throwing features & benefits at prospects and hoping something sticks.

ncsalestrainer, Sep 23, 2011 IP
  8. ziyaludo

ziyaludo Peon

Best Answers:
    i write it with my hand :D ... I usually type it , not write it :D

just kidding man :D

salespage is all about comunicating the values of your product or service.

first thing first.. KNOW WHAT YOU'RE OFFERING !!

write all the benefits that you can give to your customers through your product or service

here's a little secret :

people BUY your OFFER , not your product .

to make them buy , simply give them REASONS ..!!

cheers :D

ziyaludo, Oct 8, 2011 IP
  9. alimoula

alimoula Peon

Best Answers:
    First sort out what do you want to communicate and what is your offering product then list some advantages of this product and then finally some personal information

Last edited: Oct 11, 2011
    alimoula, Oct 11, 2011 IP
  10. signorm68

signorm68 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I like when someone know to pull the essence :) yes, I know many people who study about economy/sales etc and not so successful and know many other that don't study at all but have built-in instinct for making sale...

signorm68, Oct 11, 2011 IP
  11. sanash

sanash Peon

Best Answers:
    Keep all the examples of good direct mail sales offers and put them in a swipe file. Likewise, keep examples of effective online sales pages and study them. Your headline is incredibly important. Try to split test several sales pages and monitor the results.

sanash, Oct 24, 2011 IP
  12. gregdavidson

gregdavidson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can look at my salespage. It's not the best example but it should give you an idea. I like to start off with a story, explain the solution and then tell them what they get. A simple formula. Also, your headline is very important. If your headline sucks, you can say goodbye to a lot of your traffic. You only have seconds to get a person's attention.

gregdavidson, Oct 28, 2011 IP
  13. mindmember

mindmember Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your help so far. I also have been studying highly successful salespages and it gave me some new insights!

mindmember, Nov 5, 2011 IP
  14. mindmember

mindmember Member

Best Answers:
    And how can I use the copy to create content on my website?

mindmember, Dec 26, 2011 IP
  15. simon101

simon101 Peon

Best Answers:
    Take a look at Gary Bencivenga's 'Bullets' archive (just google his name). It's a collection of literally decades of marketing wisdom with some truly amazing insights (and it's free!). Check it out.

simon101, Dec 28, 2011 IP
  16. netfisher

netfisher Peon

Best Answers:
    Find one that is working for someone else and get ideas from it.

netfisher, Jan 30, 2012 IP
  17. Hallofwords

Hallofwords Member

Best Answers:
    Telling you how to write a sales page would take way more space than I have here, but lucky for you I've written a good eBook that you can have for free. Just go to thecopywritingconveyance.com and there you will find an opt-in box to download the free eBook titled, "The Copywriting Cauldron".

Hallofwords, Feb 22, 2012 IP
  18. abeedle

abeedle Peon

Best Answers:
    Writing sales copy is easy. Writing good sales copy is very very hard. I know this will sound insane, but your should find three to five sales/squeeze pages you like (and that are in your area of interest and expertise). Then write five or ten sales pages in the same style as each of those. Throw those away, then write ten sales pages in whatever manner "feels right". Starting editing these, find friends here who will look at them, etc. etc... then throw them away, write ten more and pick one. Work it and craft it til you think it's really powerful -- and then try it out.

Long and tedious to be sure, but actually working through the process many many times is the only way to truly master the medium.

abeedle, Feb 24, 2012 IP
  19. dhanaa

dhanaa Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think in making a good sales page is, how do I write about the experience we had we managed to do
    due to write about the experience that we do, then someone else will have the confidence to believe :eek:

dhanaa, Feb 24, 2012 IP
  20. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The easiest way is to just hire a good copywriter,end of story.Plenty of them around and in this tough economic enviroment,plenty needing the extra work.

Spoiltdiva, Feb 24, 2012 IP