1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do you submit your website to lycos?

Discussion in 'All Other Search Engines' started by tphyahoo, Aug 23, 2004.

I have been requested to submit a web site to "lycos's free" submission service.

There are referrences to this scattered across the net, but my impression is that this service has been yanked and the only way to submit your site to lycos is now to use this totally baffling program called "lycos insite."

http://insite.lycos.com/inclusion/searchenginesubmit.asp

The comparison chart seems to imply that there is a way to submit to lycos for free, but does they are making it AWFULLY DAMN hard to figure out where to do that. It is also giving me a headache figuring out exactly what you are buying when you use their page services.

Has anybody had any positive experiences paying lycos money to do anything, or is it all, as I am beginning to suspect, a hideous boondoggle?

thomas.

tphyahoo, Aug 23, 2004 IP
  2. tphyahoo

tphyahoo Peon

Best Answers:
    Still waiting for the lycos "step one" to get your site listed to load... uhhh... I would not buy lycos stock...

thomas.

3. tphyahoo

tphyahoo Peon

Best Answers:
    read that lycos pulls from fast. fast doesn't exist anymore, but appears to now be alltheweb. indeed, alltheweb results appear to match lycos.

submit to alltheweb gets you, alltheweb pulls from yahoo.

so since I already submitted to yahoo I guess that is already taken care of.

I still think lycos insite sucks. I hope "lycos insite sucks" got indexed by google, because that is what I searched for and didn't find anything. Let me say that again.

Lycos insite sucks.

4. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Lycos gets the bulk of results from Looksmart, top up from Yahoo Directory from DMOZ & paid stuff from Google adwords.

So take your pick really. If your a not for profit then you can get in Via 'Zeal.'

Old Welsh Guy, Aug 23, 2004 IP
  5. caroline

caroline Peon

Best Answers:
    That can't be good.

caroline, Sep 3, 2004 IP
  6. adfunk

adfunk Peon

Best Answers:
    i got hit from lycos sometimes. but i never submit to them, only bare with google manual submit.

adfunk, Sep 5, 2004 IP
  7. Riboflavin

Riboflavin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I hate to being up this OLD thread, but I was searching for how to add my site to Lycos and found this thread. Guess what, its #1 in google for 'lycos insite sucks' :D

Riboflavin, Jul 20, 2007 IP
  8. elena29

elena29 Peon

Best Answers:
    The theory of Old Welsh Guy is doubtful. I would greatly appreaciate if you could bring a bit more light on this topic ? Thanks!

elena29, Jul 22, 2007 IP
  9. Mihai

Mihai Active Member

Best Answers:
    The process is really simple. I never had any problems. Just carefully read the agreements so that no problems appear.

Mihai, Jul 22, 2007 IP
  10. vicdigi

vicdigi Banned

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't waste time trying to submit to Lycos. We have never done this but found Lycos will eventually find your site and crawl it through other websites so continue to link build.

This we have found to be the same for Ask and Excite.

vicdigi, Jul 24, 2007 IP
  11. xsnoofovich

xsnoofovich Peon

Best Answers:
    does anyone actually use lycos to search anymore?

xsnoofovich, Jul 24, 2007 IP
  12. indyguidedotinfo

indyguidedotinfo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    lycos is like so 1999

indyguidedotinfo, Jul 25, 2007 IP
  13. LGB Website Services

LGB Website Services Peon

Best Answers:
    A few years ago I got into web design and started to work for different agencies, now I am out on my own doing my own thing.

It is rather amazing to me how many of these "professional" business or services have HORRIBLE websites. Lycos is the same as many others that i have seen. For a company that boasts about all they offer they also offer confusion for anyone trying to list a site. I think I am just going to skip this "wonderful" place to find information and move on.

If you would like to visit our site and see what we offer the link is below. We offer tons of coupons and discounts, payment plans, and pricing that is much lower than other companies who offer the same array of services.
    <a href="http://www.lgbwebsitedesignandservices.com" rel="dofollow">LGB Website Design and Services Website</a>
    HTML:

LGB Website Services, Jul 12, 2012 IP
  14. dom19

dom19 Active Member

Best Answers:
    dom19, Jul 12, 2012 IP
  15. LGB Website Services

LGB Website Services Peon

Best Answers:
    Took me to a "Lost Dog" page, a 404 error. Their error pages is nice and trendy, too bad you can't find a place to do what they say you can do.

LGB Website Services, Jul 12, 2012 IP