1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do you strart your post or content

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Zaykrishna, Sep 21, 2013.

Everybody has its own unique style of writing, so i want to know how do you all start your posts.

Before that according to the best way is to start with a question so that the reader can engage himself to your question. That's my thought What's yours ..

looking forward to have an answers from you all.

Zaykrishna, Sep 21, 2013 IP
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    First off I know what I'm going to write (subject wise) before I actually do it. I formulate it in my head prior to hitting the keyboard. From there I *feel* my way through it. I guess what I'm trying to convey here, is that I don't really have a set formula as to how I start a post/comment.
    I simply write first from my head, then finish from my heart. That isn't exactly a scientific formula, but it seems to have worked well for me thus far.

How to start a post really would depend on the topic/subject matter wouldn't it? Therefore how you begin would be as varied as the subject at hand. I hope I never become so predictable as a writer, that one would be able to predict how I would start my posts.;)

Spoiltdiva, Sep 21, 2013 IP
    Vlasic likes this.
  3. TextServices

TextServices Active Member

Best Answers:
    Depends on what I'm writing about. When I write for my own sites, the only format I follow is opening paragraph - content - closing. Sometimes, I'll open with a question. Other times, I'll open with a common problem, background info/history, brief introduction or definition, fact or statement...

TextServices, Sep 21, 2013 IP
    Vlasic likes this.
  4. lukeit

lukeit Active Member

Best Answers:
    I try to write as little as possible. my solution is to use tables, datas, numbers etc. sometime I engage a writer.

lukeit, Sep 23, 2013 IP
  5. 48HourContent

48HourContent Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I don't think you need to overthink this too much. Start with a question, start with a statement.... the important thing is that it makes the reader want to continue reading. I like to start off by telling the reader what the article is going to be about. It manages their expectations and puts them in the right from of mind to get the most out of the article.

48HourContent, Sep 24, 2013 IP
  6. digitalcreativenetwork

digitalcreativenetwork Member

Best Answers:
    Basically I pick up the topics that are always in question in most of the reader's mind in my niche (Freelance Writing, Social Networking). So, I not always necessarily start my 1st sentence with an interrogation mark but the topic itself guide the question to be answered. Let me tell you few topics that I have written on my blog (digitalcreativenetwork [dot] com). You will notice that most of the topics itself starts with a question and end up with the solution.

For example -
    1. Why Freelance writers fail to get High Paying repeat clients?
    2. Can You Make A Living As A Ghostwriter?
    3. How to Set Freelance Writing Rates?
    Where as some articles are Question oriented but the topic itself start with some affirmative words like -
    1. Yes, You Can Earn Six Figures Income by Freelance Writing.
    2. Importance of Personal Branding in Freelance Writing Career – Your Own Quest for Growth
    So, there is no fixed pattern but every topic has questions embedded itself.

digitalcreativenetwork, Sep 25, 2013 IP
  7. DaveEsien

DaveEsien Peon

Best Answers:
    I tend to look at the niche I'm writing about see if there are any controversial or heart warming news even if its old for example if it was about insurance for fine art I would try and incorporate a small story about the artist who paints stunningly beautiful paintings with his mouth due to loss of all limbs in a horrific accident and is now making money to support his family (I'm sure it was a real story got to check...) just to provide some juicy mouthwatering meatiness to my pieces...it doesnt always work but when it does it tends to give it that extra kick to whatever I'm writing about

DaveEsien, Oct 12, 2013 IP
  8. Anthony Frye

Anthony Frye Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I try to make my headline as interesting as possible. Then I start writing in shorter sentences so people don't find it hard to get into the writing. I also try to leave the end of my paragraphs to the point where people have to keep reading to find out more.

As a headline, I might use, "The 7 Important Strategies To Go Full-Time As A Copywriter," or "Underground Copywriter Reveals His Blueprint To $100K In His First Year Copywriting."

The purpose of my headline is to get them to click and read. Once they are in, I might start off by saying, "Looking to be a full-time copywriter? I recently spoke with a copywriting legend. He revealed 7 critical copywriting lessons to me." and go on from there.

~Anthony

Anthony Frye, Oct 14, 2013 IP