1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do you sneak location into copy text?

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by jacobean, Sep 1, 2013.

Lets assume that I'm a candle maker in Timbuktu.

I have written over 30 pages of quality content on candles. (types of candles, uses of candles etc)

But, in my text, the word "Timbuktu" (my location where I intend to sell most of my candles) only appears once on the "Contact Us" section.

If a substantial number of my customers are using the search term "candle makers timbuktu"...will this site be at a distinct disadvantage?

If so, how would you solve this problem?
    jacobean, Sep 1, 2013 IP
  2. Kevin.bond98

Kevin.bond98 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    What exactly are you trying to target?
    Are you just trying to target the keyword "Timbuktu" Or "candle makers timbuktu?"
    Kevin.bond98, Sep 5, 2013 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Your site title should have the word timbuktu in it - if you look at WordPress they have
    • a site name eg Joe's Candles
    • a tagline eg quality timbuktu candles
    this means that a human friendly explanation of your site is on every page - and the search engines will read it too.

In the content it will seem artificial to plant the word timbuktu on every page but if you have verified the address with Google the site will come up with local searches or searches for that area.

If you feel the need to plant the text into the site you can do things like changing text from
    to
    and, yes, I get that the product isn't really candles but this gives you ideas I hope.

the thought of a 4th July celebration in Timbuktu makes my head reel :)
    sarahk, Sep 5, 2013 IP