1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Do You Promote Your Affiliate Products?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Munna Hossain, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Joy Hamilton

Joy Hamilton Member

Best Answers:
    My two ways of promoting are through search engine optimization and maintaining a responsive email list. That has worked for most of my niches. However, each niche is different and there are nuances depending. For example, I have an affiliate niche website about hiking and I don't maintain a list on that on - I rely on SEO. I have another website with beauty product reviews and for that, I mainly use pinterest. I change up the marketing mix depending on the topic.

Joy Hamilton, Aug 9, 2017 IP
  2. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    some say having niche sites is more effective, but running "multiple" niche sites would seem very time consuming
    running from one site to the next taking care of business. I think it maybe best to have one general site, and then
    setup sub-categories, then you can target your niches on one site rather then having many; I have also heard some
    saying having one general site is better also; It really depends on how good your marketing/targeting skills are....

not only that, SEO is very costly, and time consuming process, and if I am going to invest in SEO,
    then I would invest in SEO for just one site, not several sites scattered from this niche to that niche....

If you want to make an argument on if niche is better then general, then just
    take a look at Amazon, eBay, & Walmart as they sell everything under the sun on one domain....

dscurlock, Aug 9, 2017 IP
  3. Joy Hamilton

Joy Hamilton Member

Best Answers:
    Hi dscurlock - I have both general websites and niche ones and I honestly don't see the difference. They're both time consuming in their way. You need SO MUCH more content for a general site to make each category stand on its own and become successful and it takes much longer to build it out. I feel like I spend just as much time on niche sites as I do general ones but the general ones take much longer to monetize and turn a profit.

Regarding SEO, how is it costly? I do all white hat methods and aside from outsourcing content when I don't feel like writing it myself, it doesn't cost me anything. SEO is all about consistency, setting a schedule, and maintaining the schedule. What's nice about the schedule is that the majority of it can be automated.

4. Joy Hamilton

Joy Hamilton Member

Best Answers:
    What I find fascinating is how different everyone is in how they choose to do things online. I truly believe no way is wrong unless it's unethical or illegal. What works for one person may not work for another!

5. YanaDenisenko

YanaDenisenko Peon

Best Answers:
    You have to drive quality traffic to your website first. I do it with Udimi and always get 1 or 2 sales for every 100 clicks.

YanaDenisenko, Sep 6, 2017 IP
  6. kb24

kb24 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well if you have the money you can pay for traffic. pop up ads ppc ect..

kb24, Sep 17, 2017 IP
  7. Mz.Mulaah21k

Mz.Mulaah21k Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Ok, ok, hey everyone where to begin??? Hmmm... Lets see well Im extremly fustraited and tapped out its been my first year {a year and a half to be exact!!!} And I have yet to make any money as an affiliate marketer. Ive been dishing out money on thia product and that product thats sopposed to help me generate leads and traffic. And Ive joined this mailing list and that mailing list. Im so confused I just wanna start seeing sales in my clickbank account and my jvzoo. I ve bought into a bunch of different money making sites and still nothing. Everything has been super hard to implament or plain old just didnt work for me. I get the overall concept of digital marketing/affiliate marketing but dont know how to start a successful campign that converts. I tried googlead words to and that got a bunch of traffic for me but Im now realizing because I didnt have a landing page for people to opt into it didnt convert for me. Im not sure how to do a offer converting landing page. I need help with running my first successful affiliate marketing campign from start to finush so I can see how to do it all properly because Im confused and fustraited so flipping bad. Im about to turn to drugs and alcohol but Cant at the moment cause Im too flipping broke for that so I guess all thats left is slitting my wrist. Lol.naw but seriously someone please please help me with my first proper campign from star to finush I promise to be a goid student and Im willing to pay was results start working for me. I would pay now but super tapoed from learning out dated methods that are confusing and hard. Sorry

Mz.Mulaah21k, Aug 22, 2018 IP
  8. thirdeyeblind82

thirdeyeblind82 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I will never get tired of repeating this: you can't get sales straight away.
    You need to create a following, a good number of people who like your content (article/video/audio...) and trust you. Just at that point, you can make money with affiliate products.
    No one would buy from you if they don't know you.

This needs hard work, persistence and a long time plan. Focus first of all on a channel you want to use where you can give your best (a blog, a YouTube channel, a podcast), create a schedule of activities that you have to follow religiously every single day, and start selling in 5-6 months.
    In this way, if your content is good, there's no way you fail!

thirdeyeblind82, Aug 23, 2018 IP
  9. MatBerrows

MatBerrows Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It's good to use social media and share your affiliate links there. One moment - you can't add your link only in Instagram bio section, while in other social networks you can easily post it everywhere.

MatBerrows, Aug 27, 2018 IP
  10. Threadsp

Threadsp Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Totally agreed...

Threadsp, Sep 5, 2018 IP
  11. Buzzoid

Buzzoid Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There are many ways to promote, but the main is SEO promotion and just plain advertising in social networks, but this advertisement should be smart, not advertising by the type of "buy, we have the best price and quality", no. always follow the trends of advertising.

Buzzoid, Sep 15, 2018 IP
  12. mikeAff

mikeAff Peon

Best Answers:
    WRITE A KILLER TOPIC ABOUT THE PRODUCT IT IS ALL

mikeAff, Sep 17, 2018 IP