1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do you ping/create RSS feed, so that links get indexed

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by prisona, Jun 2, 2011.

Hey guys

I`ve heard about pinging or creating RSS feed and submitted to RSS aggregators, so that the backlinks get indexed faster. I know a lot say that it`s better for Google to find it on its own but that`s not what I`m asking. And also, about pinging - I know how to ping my site (in sites like http://pingomatic.com/), is it the same for backlinks or ?

I`ve already looked a couple of thins on the internet on the topic, but I still would like to hear your opinion (yours - meaning somebody that`s doing it daily/weekly and so on for their own backlinks).

Thank You guys

prisona, Jun 2, 2011 IP
  2. CeilingTiles

CeilingTiles Peon

Best Answers:
    You can use sites like pingler.com to ping a specific url.

CeilingTiles, Jun 3, 2011 IP
  3. thacker

thacker Peon

Best Answers:
    I have 4 websites that get picked up immediately when I publish something new. They also get whatever links are on the page cached as well. So if you are interested let me know and maybe we can work something out to get your pages cached and in google. Just PM me.

thacker, Jun 3, 2011 IP
  4. VSC

VSC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Whenever I add new content to any of my sites I ping them. It's a small part of the SEO process, by no means a "Golden Grail".

Not sure if your site is a blog that creates it's own RSS feed, or if you're using an online RSS feed creator, but always check that the feed validates. Search on Google for "rss feed vaidator". I know from experience that having certain characters in your title can invalidate the feed (for example &).

There are also a few tools out there that you can copy and paste a list of URLs (not necessarily yours). I use tools like this to ping any website pages that have backlinks to my sites.

Hope this helps,

Good luck!

VSC, Jun 4, 2011 IP
  5. prisona

prisona Peon

Best Answers:
    No, guys, what I want to know is how to get backlinks indexed faster - not my blog/site or whatever.

For example - let`s say I make a profile in some forum with my keywords and anchor text and so on - how do I get it indexed ? What are the ways you use to do that ? I guess it`s kinda like with my blog/site - just put it in some site like pingomatic com or pingler com. I also read about posting the links to sites like digg and twitter. That`s what I want to know. How do you index your backlinks if you don`t want to wait for Google to find them (it may take ages ..).

prisona, Jun 4, 2011 IP
  6. VSC

VSC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Okay, forum profiles. You will need thousands of them to have any kind of effect, and to keep doing it reguarly. Don't rely on it as your only source of getting backlinks.

To get them indexed ... yes, pinging them is good. Also consider submitting them to meta-indexing sites (there are services and automated tools you can use for this).
    And of course create a second tier of profiles which link to a first tier of profiles, which link to your money sites.

VSC, Jun 4, 2011 IP
  7. Jandu

Jandu Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello!
    Well the most effective method that I uses personally is to create a blog on wordpress and then keep it up updating on regular basis with some new content like 2-3 times a week as google love fresh content and it crawls those sites quickly which keep on adding fresh content on regular basis. So add your backlinks there in that blog and when next time crawler will come to your site then these backlinks will alos get indexed.

Jandu, Jun 4, 2011 IP
  8. VSC

VSC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Fresh content ... Here's a "trick" I use on some of my sites ...

Get a text rotation script.
    Write several versions of your opening paragraph, and have them swap each time your page is viewed.
    Do this on several parts of the page.
    Search engines will see the page as having been updated recently ...

;-)

VSC, Jun 4, 2011 IP
  9. lgarciaac

lgarciaac Peon

Best Answers:
    Doing that you will get backlinks from only one site, which is better than no backlinks, but definitely not better than many backlinks from many websites

lgarciaac, Jun 4, 2011 IP
  10. farasens

farasens Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, sometime it works, but better get blogrolls links from old/authority sites and you'll get your content indexed in no time.

farasens, Jun 4, 2011 IP
  11. Jason C

Jason C Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey I use a site called linklicious.me which does exactly what you want. with the free account, you can add up to 2500 urls with your link and it'll create RSS feeds and pings them. You can select time frame and slowly drip feed the pinger. It works well!

Jason C, Jun 5, 2011 IP