1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do you optimize blog posts and social media posts with keywords?

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by MEF1, Jun 2, 2015.

Hello! I need some help please! For blog posts, is it best to avoid keywords the site is already targeting, or does targeting keywords that the site is already optimized for help rankings for that page AND your blog posts? In other words, can you optimize a page for certain keywords, then target those same keywords in your blog posts?

Also, same question applies to social media optimization. Which keywords do you target in your social media posts? Keywords the site is already optimized for, or new/different ones the site is not optimized for?

Thanks so much for your expert assistance!! :)

~newbie optimizer

MEF1, Jun 2, 2015 IP
  2. Karen May Jones

Karen May Jones Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Some people have gotten really paranoid about how many keywords are on their blog. They even freak out if the comments have too many keywords. I wont work for him/her because I dont want to have to talk in an uncomfortable fashion - it's just a comment for heaven's sake!! lol. I think the key to keywords is to make sure you use them in common phrases and use plenty of synonyms. blanket, cover, red comfortor, plaid throw.. goose down comforter, velour blanket with dolphins, bengal tiger bedspread.... etc.

Karen May Jones, Jun 3, 2015 IP
  3. ceenote100

ceenote100 Active Member

Best Answers:
    It sure helps with rankings but the trick is to not overdo it. I have gotten away with using the same key phrase three times in a blog but I wouldn't want to do more than that.

ceenote100, Jun 3, 2015 IP
  4. meethi jain

meethi jain Active Member

Best Answers:
    search keywords with keyword planner tool and choose the related and good keywords for your website or blog.

meethi jain, Jun 3, 2015 IP
  5. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you are able to point out a certain thing/subject on your blog with consistency, optimization will flow in a natural way.

Patricia Ann Lee, Jun 4, 2015 IP
  6. MEF1

MEF1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi all, thank you for your responses! I think I was unclear, though. My question is can you repeat the same keywords within your blog posts that you are also targeting on your website? For example, if I have a website home page that is targeting the keyword, blue widgets, can I then write blog posts and target that same keyword, blue widgets? And perhaps targeting that keyword in one blog post a month (and not every week)? If I do this, will it help me to increase the home page ranking for that term?

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
    MEF1, Jun 4, 2015 IP
  7. SocialSignals

SocialSignals Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Precisely. I don't get it why people aren't able to forsee so little. So long as it fits in the sotry, doesn't feel contrieved, it's good to go.
    Some people have no imagination.

SocialSignals, Jun 4, 2015 IP
  8. MoreNiche-Network

MoreNiche-Network Peon

Best Answers:
    My thoughts on your question are as follows:

Adding blog posts also about blue widgets is increase the amount of blue widget content on your site and therefore your site will become known more for blue widgets, potentially helping you out with authority and relevancy factors. You'll also have more content to share on your social media about blue widgets, which you can use to attract visitors and funnel them into your blue widget sales pages.

What I would make sure to do is write about different topics relating to blue widgets on your blog, so that each article has it's own clear purpose. This way you will have some of the same blue widget keywords, but will also have other related keywords which you can also rank for. Looking at Google's Ad Group Ideas in Keyword Planner may give you some different angles to write about for your blue widgets, as well as brainstorming and analysing what your competitors have written about blue widgets.

Would be interested to see some more useful opinions on this and whether people agree or disagree.

(MN Cat :) )

MoreNiche-Network, Jun 5, 2015 IP
  9. MEF1

MEF1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Awesome guidance, thank you so much!! I would love to know others' opinions on this as well. I saw one person incorporate their primary homepage keyword into blog posts regularly, and they ranked #1 for that term! I think it helps!!

MEF1, Jun 5, 2015 IP
  10. SocialSignals

SocialSignals Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Even if it did, Google is fast on updates. So it won't make much of a change. You should always be careful of generalisations from first hand experience.

SocialSignals, Jun 5, 2015 IP
  11. MEF1

MEF1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    thank you -- good point!!

MEF1, Jun 5, 2015 IP
  12. seasiaconsulting

seasiaconsulting Member

Best Answers:
    Hello.
    Thanks for your question.
    Optimizing blog post for those keywords you have used in your website is a good practice unless or until you use relevant keywords related to post.

seasiaconsulting, Jun 7, 2015 IP
  13. Andy-Jones

Andy-Jones Member

Best Answers:
    You should use keywords in your posts/articles but make sure that the usage of keywords is between 2-3% only.

Andy-Jones, Jun 8, 2015 IP
  14. MEF1

MEF1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you, Andy-Jones! Do you know if you can use the same keywords that the site is already optimized for?

MEF1, Jun 8, 2015 IP
  15. Jake The Competition Man

Jake The Competition Man Active Member

Best Answers:
    There's a lot about keyword density; if you want to rank on Google, 2% is a good number. About other search engines, seems you can go up to 5%. In any case, consider your content must be clear and not filled with useless keywords.

16. MEF1

MEF1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi there, thanks for your input!! 2% sounds about right.

MEF1, Jun 8, 2015 IP