1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do you manage your own framework / library across multiple sites / applications?

Discussion in 'PHP' started by TheDataPlanet.com, Mar 19, 2015.

When you have done the hard work you should have made a fortune of PHP code base / framework / library that you build upon.

You will have more than one projects, sites, or applications that rely upon the same framework you have. What makes it tricky is the different projects are served from different servers far away from each other.

My question is how you manage the same framework across multiple servers?

When a security patch or feature upgrade comes out, how do you push it out to so many servers?

Is there any recommended common practice regarding this?

For now all my projects reside on a single server which would simply include from the framework on the hard drive. But what if my projects go distributed?

I just can't imagine updating the framework manually one by one across all the different servers once I have more than one server.

Any help would be much appreciated! What route should I look at?

TheDataPlanet.com, Mar 19, 2015 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I'm assuming there is an admin interface somewhere - inform users there is a new version available, and provide a download / update button (much as WordPress does it). You can of course also send out an email to registered users that a new version is available. Unless you sell your solution with a guarantee that you're responsible for all updates etc, that should be good enough.

PoPSiCLe, Mar 19, 2015 IP
  3. PDD

PDD Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I guess you're talking about cloud? Generally cloud servers will automatically replicate. That's kind of their purpose :) Unless I'm misunderstanding and you mean different codebases for multiple clients, in that case unless you're offering a full turnkey service it's not really your responsibility. But you could definitely send out mass emails to clients like popsicle said.

PDD, Mar 19, 2015 IP