1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do you make your product photo excellent?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Mejba Uddin Biplob, Aug 5, 2017.

I have just started E-commerce business. my website just started last month. I have baby shoe products. how can I make my product photos good? so my customer can interested with my product photos. hope I will get help.

Mejba Uddin Biplob, Aug 5, 2017 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Have a look for an online training course for product photography - it's going to involve lighting and camera quality. With the right lighting you can probably get away with a good quality phone camera but the better your gear the better the photo.

sarahk, Aug 5, 2017 IP
  3. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sarah's right about the lighting. To me that's the most important concern.

You want to focus lights on your subject from different angles so you have no shadows cast off to any side of the item. I use a minimum of three lights for that. It's helpful if you can designate a specific space to use only for taking your pictures. I normally include a white background as part of my photo "studio" area. My background is a poster board but you can use a bed sheet that has no wrinkles.

JoeSpirit, Aug 5, 2017 IP
  4. mariam1

mariam1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I use KrojamSoft PhotoViewerPro for photo editing to make it attractive.

mariam1, Aug 5, 2017 IP
  5. thebrandman

thebrandman Member

Best Answers:
    As an addendum to @sarahk 's post, you could also hire a professional photographer. That way you can be obtain the work and assistance of someone who knows how to position images for maximum visual effect. If you don't know how to do something, or don't possess the skills necessary, there are always plenty of people out there that who do these things for a living. Don't be afraid to utilize their talents.
    -

thebrandman, Aug 5, 2017 IP
  6. Milliardo

Milliardo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good lighting, finding a good angle to shoot it from, good back drop, good setting...these things make for a good photo, especially one where you want to highlight its positive aspects. Look at the photos of food products to learn how it's done.

Milliardo, Aug 7, 2017 IP
  7. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    @thebrandman Your advice is good if he has a low number of products in his online shop. A professional photographer can make the product photos appealing with his/her skills. But if OP has a big number of products, it can be costly. In such a situation he should try what @sarahk suggests, which is to find an online training course for product photography.

MrKing01, Aug 7, 2017 IP
  8. debbie hansen

debbie hansen Member

Best Answers:
    White background are always a check on ecommerce. It would also be better if you can take actual photo of baby shoes in while it is being used by a baby model. This could give an idea for your dropshipping customer what the product could actually look like in their babies once they wear it.

debbie hansen, Aug 7, 2017 IP
    pratik likes this.
  9. thebrandman

thebrandman Member

Best Answers:
    Perhaps. But there is no substitute for a skilled professional, in this case, a skilled photographer. While many people these days think a camera makes them a qualified and skilled photographer, that couldn't be further from the truth. There is a great deal more than goes into top-quality photographer, than a basic online course could provide. Not everyone looks at the world through the same lens of creativity, perspective and composition as a trained photographer does. ;)
    -

thebrandman, Aug 8, 2017 IP
  10. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with you that many people think that having the right camera makes them an excellent photographer. Of course it takes more than an online course to become a top-quality photographer. But I think that people who have the time and interest should start somewhere, and an online course is a good start. Also it puts them on a good level when they discuss with a photographer about what they want.

MrKing01, Aug 8, 2017 IP
  11. pratik

pratik Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I totally agree with you.
    When I started with my e-commerce website for Customised Onesie, we started with just adding photos of the onesie on coloured background. We did not see much conversation. Later when we uploaded onesie images with actual babies we got a very good response.
    Incase of shoes too I strongly suggest you use baby models. You can click with a normal camera, just keep a check on lighting and angles. Thats it!

pratik, Aug 8, 2017 IP
  12. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Aside from the lighting from Sarahk's post and with baby model from our member I would like to add some short text or content in which will boost up your image performance in which will serve as a call to action with the target audience.

KylieSweet, Aug 16, 2017 IP
  13. natalymalcon88

natalymalcon88 Peon

Best Answers:
    Good photos are the key to the success of your business. I sold a handmade. I had to personally learn a lot of the nuances of photo processing. After that my business went more successfully.

natalymalcon88, Sep 7, 2017 IP
  14. Maza111

Maza111 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Good camera will suffice. A standard image editor to resize and whatnot can be used for editing.

Maza111, Sep 7, 2017 IP
  15. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe you can find someone to help you on fiver

Spartan14, Sep 7, 2017 IP
  16. DylanC

DylanC Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not much of a photographer, but I try to get a good camera and take plenty of photos, varying different backgrounds, lighting and angles.

DylanC, Sep 12, 2017 IP
  17. bijutoha

bijutoha Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the question, Because this is the important thing to make an e-commerce success. You know.. 78% of online shoppers want to see more images on e-commerce sites, but acquiring all those high-quality product photos could be a challenge. So, you need to think about High-Quality Product Photos with Image Optimization. In this case, you can follow the rules from some largest online stores like Amazone. See the following image... for getting some ideas.

[​IMG]

Or check the image source.

https://www.clippingpathindia.com/blog/2017/04/25/4-important-things-to-know-about-amazon-product-image-requirements/?utm_source=forum&utm_medium=digital-point&utm_campaign=discussion

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    bijutoha, Sep 13, 2017 IP
  18. Scott_Creativelysquared

Scott_Creativelysquared Peon

Best Answers:
    We provide an alternative, more affordable photography option at https://www.creativelysquared.com

Instead of using professional photographers, we match clients with top creative talent from our Instagram community to provide authentic visual content that increases engagement and conversions.

Happy to provide more information if you would like, or you can chat with us on our website.

Cheers,
    Scott

Scott_Creativelysquared, Sep 17, 2017 IP
  19. eGrizzly

eGrizzly Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you're not a product photo expert I suggest you use Fiverr.com to hire cheap expert help for the product photography. You can also take a free course on YouTube or Udemy for product photography.

Generally, you want these pictures to be in a white background, have good lighting, and be taken at angles where key areas of the product are visible to the buyer. Taking the course from the sites listed above should give you knowledge in more areas though.

eGrizzly, Oct 24, 2017 IP
  20. David Morrison

David Morrison Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    David Morrison, Nov 4, 2017 IP