1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Do You Make Font SUPER Clear in Photoshop?

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by upshiftmedia, Oct 17, 2007.

I am in the process of creating a logo for my blog, but the font always looks blurry or not 100% clear. How do I make my font as clear as possible? Thanks.

M

upshiftmedia, Oct 17, 2007 IP
  2. mjda

mjda Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When I'm making something, I try to use "sharp" as the anti-aliasing method most of the time. Sometimes I'll use something else, but most of the time sharp will make it look the smoothest. At least that's my opinion.

mjda, Oct 17, 2007 IP
  3. upshiftmedia

upshiftmedia Peon

Best Answers:
    What is the best resolution for a logo?

upshiftmedia, Oct 17, 2007 IP
  4. feutiled

feutiled Guest

Best Answers:
    theirs really too many factors that come into play, and suggesting a a resolution would be a rather bold statement...

feutiled, Oct 18, 2007 IP
  5. k1unit

k1unit Peon

Best Answers:
    For Print: 300 dpi
    For Web: 72 dpi

k1unit, Oct 18, 2007 IP
  6. mjda

mjda Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you're making the logo in Illustrator it won't really matter because you can always scale it up. When I make a logo in PhotoShop, I usually make it 2-3 times as large as I think I'll need it. This way I can always scale it down to match whatever I need. Hope this helps.

mjda, Oct 18, 2007 IP
  7. daniegb123

daniegb123 Banned

Best Answers:
    a way to get to great quality text is start out with a large page and when your done resize it down :).

daniegb123, Oct 18, 2007 IP
  8. Crimsonc

Crimsonc Peon

Best Answers:
    That and the fact that Photoshop is pixel based, Illustrator is vector based which is sharper.

Crimsonc, Oct 18, 2007 IP
  9. upshiftmedia

upshiftmedia Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the tips everyone!

upshiftmedia, Oct 18, 2007 IP
  10. ecover emu

ecover emu Peon

Best Answers:
    It sounds like you are upsampling your image, so you are starting out with an image that is too small to begin with. Go back in and look at what your actual image size is in pixels. Make sure that your image falls within the boundaries of the pixel space you are making it for. I try to nail this down as close as I can so there is no grief later on. If you can't tell what size your image needs to be, find a graphic that is comparable to the size you wish to use and copy it to your clipboard. Paste the image into a new photoshop doc and check out the image size in pixels. I hope this helps.

ecover emu, Oct 18, 2007 IP
  11. Forrest

Forrest Peon

Best Answers:
    Unless you're working with extremely small text, this isn't a good idea. When you resample ( up or down ) part of the algorithm is to apply a slight Gaussian blur just before resizing an image. It actually makes a highly detailed image a little softer to downsize it, especially by only a little bit.

Try using the unsharp mask filter. Use 70 %, 0.2 px, 0 threshold as a starting point.

Forrest, Oct 18, 2007 IP
  12. graphicsguru

graphicsguru Guest

Best Answers:
    one more tip
    you can make you text, right click on the layer then convert to shape

graphicsguru, Oct 30, 2007 IP
  13. ehab

ehab Banned

Best Answers:
    Best Possible solution Right up there. Just be a little careful with the DPI settings, you don't want to make it over 72 for the web - and let someone steal it and rip it up.

ehab, Oct 30, 2007 IP
  14. Creative_illusion

Creative_illusion Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    High DPI makes your pc run slow... take note of that... Make sure your pc is in right spec for making high dpi graphics. Just piece of advice thou..

Creative_illusion, Oct 30, 2007 IP
  15. ThinkBachs

ThinkBachs Peon

Best Answers:
    I forgot about this site, but found it again doing a Google search hoping to find a better way myself. Since this solution wasn't posted, I thought it might be helpful to add it.

A couple things I do that helps is to duplicate the font once or three times (depending on the font) to overlay the first. This helps a great deal to brighten the fuzzy pixels that many fonts seem to have in PS. The other thing that might help is to create a center stroke of 1 px in your blending options.

If that doesn't work, then the next best thing I have found to do is to substitute the original with a similar font. Sometimes the similar version is clearer than the one you're using.

ThinkBachs, Jul 23, 2008 IP