1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do you like .CN domain name?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by iisp.hk, Apr 24, 2013.

According to the Statistical Report on Internet Development in China released by China Internet Network Information Center (CNNIC), namely Registry of .CN domain names, in January 2013:

* By the end of December 2012, China has had 564 million Internet users, with a total of 50.9 million new ones. The Internet penetration rate of 42.1%, a growth of 3.8% compared with the end of 2011.

* By the end of December 2012, China has had 42 million mobile Internet users, 64.4 million more than that at the end of 2011. Among all the Internet users, those using mobile phones to access Internet increased from 69.3% at the end of 2011 to 74.5%.

* The rural Internet users accounted for 27.6% of the total in China, reaching 156 million, which rose slightly compared with the figure in 2011, with an increase of 19.6 million over the end of 2011.

* The ratio of Internet users using mobile phones rose quickly from 69.3% to 74.5%.

* China had a total of 13.41 million domain names, including 7.51 million “.CN” domain names, a proportion of 56.0%, and 280,000 “.中国” domain names. The total number of websites, namely the number of websites registered by the registrants of website domain names (including accessions both from home and abroad) continued growing, reaching 2.68 million.

Here comes my questions:
    #1. How do you like .CN domain name?
    #2. Will you register .CN domain names if you want to march into China market or Asian market?
    #3. How much do you know about .CN domain registration requirements?

Your feedback will be greatly appreciated!
    iisp.hk, Apr 24, 2013 IP
  2. balaa

balaa Peon

Best Answers:
    I personally don't even click the link when I see .cn extension and I know many exactly doing the same.
    balaa, May 11, 2013 IP
  3. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    No way for me too. Dot CN had a notorious reputation previously. Also I would dread the Chinese control over their web sites.
    wisdomtool, May 11, 2013 IP
  4. MUK3SH

MUK3SH Member

Best Answers:
    personal View-I hate .cn and china. The Biggest enemy of India.

developer View- Ok, all .cn sites are made in chinese so useless for English speakers and All chinese traffic is also useless they spam, attempt to hack our servers(keep brute forcing). Useless china ;)
    MUK3SH, May 12, 2013 IP
  5. iisp.hk

iisp.hk Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello Gentlemen, thank you for the "juicy" comments. :)
    iisp.hk, May 12, 2013 IP
  6. iisp.hk

iisp.hk Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good morning MUK3SH!

I wanna quote what Fadi expressed on ICANN 46th Meeting which I attended in Beijing, China:
    One World, One Internet.

So, I consider it's good for us to avoid political topics here on DP.

Best regards,
    iisp.hk, May 12, 2013 IP