1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do you guys promote on Myspace?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by froghat, Apr 13, 2006.

I was gonna join a bunch of groups related to my site's subject and post my daily article links on the message board but I'm not sure if that is the best way to go. What do you guys suggest?

froghat, Apr 13, 2006 IP
  2. FruitMedley Forum Posting

FruitMedley Forum Posting Banned

Best Answers:
    Myspace trains seem to work well enough: it invites a huge number of people to be your friends. Those that are interested accept and you can find yourself with a bunch of new members!

As for the actual content, well, I've never so much as used myspace myself, so I can't help you with that.

3. froghat

froghat Peon

Best Answers:
    How does a train work and how do you do that?

froghat, Apr 14, 2006 IP
  4. ScottBannon

ScottBannon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Personally, I'd say trains are poor because they're mostly other marketers and web masters trying to build a friend's list anymore. However, 3rd party sites that offer trains and other myspace resources--like graphics and codes--are great places to advertise I've found. Heck, it was so good that I bought one of these sites that ranks high to use for myself.

There's some decent info about myspace promoting techniques here:
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=74820

The best thing I can say is don't do anything that could be seen as spam. Not that you'll get in trouble, but it will detract from the quality of click-thrus you get.

Like your suggestion of posting links to articles in group forums, instead I'd post a whole article or two and then have a "more articles" or "more information" link at the end of it. This way you're posting is more than just a link and will get more respect, plus the people who click-thru after reading one of your articles will be better tageted traffic than just having a ton of blind clicks.

HTH,
    Scott

ScottBannon, Apr 14, 2006 IP
  5. ArcticPro

ArcticPro Banned

Best Answers:
    Message sending on MySpace.

ArcticPro, Apr 14, 2006 IP
  6. ravetildon

ravetildon Peon

Best Answers:
    Where woudl one go to get in on a train. Is there a palce that sell myspace accounts that already have a lot of freinds?

Craig

ravetildon, May 16, 2006 IP