1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do you get ads approved on Facebook?

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by WallerBlog, Aug 15, 2008.

I've recently delved into Facebook advertising. I went through the whole process, set-up some new campaigns, etc.

Problem is, I can't seem to get any ads approved. I've mostly been pushing dieting products. The ad copy and pictures I'm using are relevant. The landing page looks professional.

Is there some secret here I'm missing? Any experienced Facebook marketers willing to share some insight?

WallerBlog, Aug 15, 2008 IP
  2. Jenna Appleseed

Jenna Appleseed Active Member

Best Answers:
    Doubt it's anything you're doing just that Facebook's probably avoiding diet products after the problems they've had re "The Pink Patch". There's apprentely been a large backlash/campaign over/against adverts for slimming products targetting vunrable young femails - against both facebook& myspace.

Jenna Appleseed, Aug 15, 2008 IP
  3. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    They are extremely inconsistent. I got so sick of having ads disallowed for having the 'wrong' punctuation I gave up - particularly as when asked they couldn't agree twice which punctuation was wrong, and I could point them to loads of ads that had exactly what they said I couldn't.
    So if you're patient enough - keep trying, but it's not just you that has problems with them

(put this into context - I'm very used to adwords - Facebook are much much much more inconsistent than them)

magda, Aug 15, 2008 IP
  4. Pozzy

Pozzy Peon

Best Answers:
    They have really strict rules, and it's very annoying. Really it's a hit or miss though, sometimes they let you through and sometimes they don't.

Pozzy, Aug 15, 2008 IP
  5. ChrisJacobson

ChrisJacobson Peon

Best Answers:
    Here's a trick I learned... submit your ads late at night (around 11pm or midnight), the staff who approves them during these times are very lazy or just don't care.

I almost always get the same ads approved that were disapproved during the day.

ChrisJacobson, Aug 15, 2008 IP
  6. WallerBlog

WallerBlog Peon

Best Answers:
    That's a thought. I may give that a whirl.

Also, glad to know that it's not just me that's having issues.

WallerBlog, Aug 15, 2008 IP