1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how Do You Choose Your Best Design?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by dscurlock, Apr 15, 2015.

How do you choose design for your future site?
    How do you choose between what can turn out
    to be failure or success?

dscurlock, Apr 15, 2015 IP
  2. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    For me it's not so much about "choosing design" as "creating design that fits my content".

While certainly it serves some purpose, some of the most successful websites out there have little if anything for what most people CALL design; Which is to say dicking around drawing goofy pictures in photoshop of what a site MAY look like. USUALLY the people who screw around with appearance before they even have any "meat" to their site don't know enough about HTML, CSS or accessibility to be designing jack **** for anyone. That's why off-the-shelf templates are scam artist bull, and why the vast majority of stuff vomited up by the ignorant halfwit PSD jockeys with the giant pair of donkey brass to call themselves "designers" are either deluded, or just plain full of ****! Hence why much of what they dupe the ignorant and foolish into throwing money away on is nothing more than laundry lists of crap that doesn't belong on websites in the first place!

Look at Amazon, E-Bay, Google, Facebook -- even when they are poorly coded inaccessible train wrecks (see Facebook) they are content oriented; do they REALLY look like they have someone in the back room spanking it on the screen using Photoshop? You want real proof of what nonsense "design" in the sense most people use it is? Have a good hard look at Craigslist; just saying it's name is (To borrow from Larry the Cable Guy) enough to make the current crop of artsy fartsy "designers" peeper shrink in so far it shoots out their pooper! Yet, it's one of the most successful websites out there.

More often than not the stuff the people who have been deluded into thinking goofy paint programs like Gimp or Photoshop are "design tools" end up vomiting up is the equivalent of dumping a can of shellac on a pile and going at it with steel wool and beeswax -- no matter how shiny the result you still just have bee crap rubbed into roach crap coating horse crap!

Take your content or a reasonable facsimile of future content, put it in a logical structure as if HTML doesn't even exist. Mark it up semantically -- aka the sick euphemism for bothering to use HTML properly by saying what things are and NOT what they look like, then create your layoutS (yes, plural) using CSS and media targets... said layoutS should be elastic (based on font metrics, fonts based off the system or browser size -- aka EM's), semi-fluid (using max-width so that long lines aren't hard to follow while letting the layout shrink to fit the available space) AND responsive. (switching around the appearance of elements and stripping off columns or adding columns to best use the available space). Then and only then do you hang window-dressing on it like scripttardery or non-content images since really that's ALL those are, a pointless bandwidth wasting affectation.

... and when it comes to that appearance and layouts, for **** sake learn something about emissive colourspace and accessibility guidelines!

Said layouts should also be designed to the needs of the content, instead of the idiotic halfwit mouth-breathingly dumbass practice of taking some off the shelf template or pre-designed template and trying to shoe-horn content it was never meant to hold into it. That's why PSD jockey nonsense and the garbage at template whorehouses like ThemeForest or TemplateMonster are back-assward nonsense and scam artist nube predating bull!

CONTENT FIRST, with progressive enhancement so you have graceful degradation. That way you can deliver what's ACTUALLY important -- YOUR CONTENT -- to what is also very important -- YOUR USERS! In that way much of what "design" ends up being is stroking the ego of the artists, and exploiting the ignorance of site owners with "gee that's pretty" instead of "yeah, but is it USEFUL?"

At the end of the day visitors go to websites for the CONTENT, not the goofy artsy fartsy crap and "gee ain't it neat" scripttardery many of todays scam artists dupe the ignorant into wasting money on, in the process making sites harder to use and less useful to visitors. So focus on your CONTENT, not the flash over substance bandwidth wasting asshattery that dooms the majority of stuff sleazed out by "designers" to a permanent "also ran" status!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
    deathshadow, Apr 16, 2015 IP
    malky66 likes this.
  3. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    None of that really makes any sense, It's just a mass of jumbled words, did you use Google Translate?

malky66, Apr 16, 2015 IP
    deathshadow likes this.
  4. deathshadow

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I was just about to post another "Englisc moder wyrter" type rant; It LOOKS like copypasta from someplace that's been translated from English to Japanese and back again like a second rate "Macho business donkey wrestler".

5. IQdesigns

IQdesigns Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    depends on your websites needs, whats the purpose of your website?

IQdesigns, Apr 16, 2015 IP
  6. kk5st

kk5st Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    In other words, as deathshadow had said at least four or three times on this site, what are the content and structure of the document?

You can't play dress up until you know what you're dressing. That push-up bra, scoop neck blouse, tight mini-skirt and CFM pumps, no matter how sexy the look, is not going to complement a 6'7", 300lb MMA fighter.

cheers,

gary

kk5st, Apr 16, 2015 IP
    Jeffr2014 likes this.
  7. IQdesigns

IQdesigns Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Rofl, couldn't say it better, cheers gary

IQdesigns, Apr 16, 2015 IP
  8. deathshadow

Best Answers:
    You mean how they are probably dressing up War Machine in the pokey right now?

9. kk5st

kk5st Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    We-ell, it may take a few tries, but yeah.

g

kk5st, Apr 16, 2015 IP
  10. Rocko Berry

Rocko Berry Active Member

Best Answers:
    Suppose I will create new website so that first of all any question to ask our future website designer.And remember this line "Predicting the future is always a risky venture, But… we can try".
    Many web design trends occur due to changes in: technology, market, fashion, pop culture and art.The human mind is highly responsive to visual stimuli, and color is one of the major defining factors in that response.And I will any ask the question of the Experience designers and after that choose the decision of many response answers designers.

I will need to harness the power of color psychology to bring resonance to their designs and in no field is this more important than that of logo design.Use of color can bring multiple layers of meaning,I will use these responses to underline and accent their branding messages in my website.

And success my website logo design will be boost if you have a thorough understanding of color psychology.I will improvements in features such as HTML5, CSS3 and web-safe fonts in browsers in it.I will finding more and more the need to create designs that work on different screen widths, whether it’s 320 pixels or 2500 pixels in my site.And I will change height, width in my site and I will increase relative icons of our service in my site.

I will perfect manage Header,footer,widget and feature in my website so website designing good and client will attract my website.And navigating within 1 dynamic page is replacing navigation from page to page.And main things I will use Adobe Flash because every time approach these same design issues the new way — replacing Flash with HTML5, CSS3.

I will create the website design that gives the feeling of being in front of a movie screen.I will make the reputed site and attractive site.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
    Rocko Berry, Apr 17, 2015 IP
  11. kk5st

kk5st Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I could not find a single sentence that made any sense at all.

g

kk5st, Apr 17, 2015 IP
    deathshadow and malky66 like this.
  12. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Well... reread it 2-3 times, and I THINK he's trying to tell us that he's pissing all over accessibility and proper coding to show off his ability to make pretty colors.

PoPSiCLe, Apr 17, 2015 IP
    deathshadow likes this.
  13. deathshadow

Best Answers:
    It does have a hefty dose of meter and marketspeak; almost like some form of brainwashing indoctrinational speech akin to the Soviet era East German Jugendweihe or US Pledge of Allegiance... Would probably work if it was actually written in English.

deathshadow, Apr 17, 2015 IP