1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do you choose best keyword?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by mikehende, Apr 25, 2016.

Hey guys, so I have taken a few SEO courses to try to start ranking my new pc repair site. I have researched the kw's using
    google planner and google search so I have quite a few.kw's for each service separately. Problem is, the courses I took doesn't
    really tell me how to choose THE BEST kw out of the list so I would like to ask for help from any of you pros here please?

I have uploaded a screenshot of the excel sheet here: http://imgur.com/NxvKOcL

can anyone please have a look and tell me 2 things please,
    first exactly which one kw would be the best for my "Mac repair" page title and second, which top 4 kw's should I choose for that
    page's content but most importantly I would need to know exactly why those 5 kw's were chosen so I can apply that knowledge to
    my other services myself. I will greatly appreciate any help you guys can offer to teach me how to do this please, thanks.

p.s. I did not add my 'location' to any of the search words because my courses taught me that google will show only local searches
    first in the SERPs anyway?

Solved! View solution.
    mikehende, Apr 25, 2016 IP
  2. Ditmar

Ditmar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Try to make a keyword clustering based on SERP in order to understand whether it is possible to promote all these kw's (from your screenshot) on a single page or not.

Ditmar, Apr 26, 2016 IP
  3. mikehende

mikehende Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry I am not understanding how the above tool you linked to will help me decide which the best single kw I can use in my page title and also how it will help choose my top 4 kw's for my page?

mikehende, Apr 26, 2016 IP
  4. Iliq tasev

Iliq tasev Active Member

Best Answers:
    Did you know that you CAN`T be seo if you are not good in marketing.If you didn`t know how the people search your produkt pay for SEO don`t waste your time .If you need help write me or send me a link to your website and i will tell you best words for your site .

Iliq tasev, Apr 26, 2016 IP
  5. mikehende

Best Answers:
    I will take you up on your offer, thanks. I need someone to 'teach' me why a certain kw is chosen from my list, not do the work for me by simply telling me the best kw's.

6. Iliq tasev

Iliq tasev Active Member

Best Answers:
    we call it google logic .If someone know how google think and what words he like - we will call him seo master .

Iliq tasev, Apr 26, 2016 IP
  7. mikehende

Best Answers:
    Good one. Ok, I sent you a pm as requested, please check and respond there, thanks.

8. Yasmine Assif

Yasmine Assif Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi,

To analyse best keyword, you can use multiple tools like: Google Keyword Planner, Google Trends, Keyword Tool.io

Regards
    Yasmine (Senior Associate at iBaroody)

Yasmine Assif, Apr 26, 2016 IP
  9. Ditmar

Ditmar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Coz kw's sorted by AMS.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
    Ditmar, Apr 27, 2016 IP
  10. mikehende

Best Answers:
    Sorry for the trouble but I have no idea what that means above?

mikehende, Apr 27, 2016 IP
  11. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    He gave you a list of keywords in order to do research....

Let me give you some examples, some keywords he listed are far to competitive...
    and you should avoid any keyword that has a keyword score above 40...
    (in fact I would not use any keywords on the above list, too competitive....)

Keyword: iphone
    keyword score: 83
    traffic: 550k
    (forget about this one, will never happen.....)

apple macbook repair:
    keyword score: 49
    traffic: 720
    (I would not bother with this one, as tempting as it sounds, you are not
    that advanced, and you need to target much easier keywords....)

in fact, your list is crap, what a horrible job he/she did for you....
    (you get higher quality doing it yourself compared to paying $5
    for a quick job from someone that doesnt care one bit about you.....)

Mac Repair:
    score: 31
    traffic: 4,400
    (this is doable....)

overall, this is a very competitive niche, and you need good keyword research software,
    as looking for keywords does take some time, as you have to look up seed keywords, then
    determine which keyword will fit you best, some will, most wont, and others far to competitive....

Not only that, you need to know how to properly use your keywords in content, and use them
    properly when link building, otherwise you may end up getting a penalty....

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
    dscurlock, Apr 27, 2016 IP
  12. Mian Awais

Mian Awais Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    yes we can choose key word through google adwords because its batter for selection of key words with all details like visitors and competition.

Mian Awais, May 3, 2016 IP
  13. JudySlean

JudySlean Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello, if I have the same problems, I use Google AdSense! It is a program in which enterprises can display Google advertisements on Web sites and earn revenue from hits that generate traffic for the Google search engines.

JudySlean, May 3, 2016 IP
  14. WebDevelomentCompany

WebDevelomentCompany Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Can use the tools such as Google keyword Planner, Google trends etc for find out the best keywords. Have to select the keywords base on the factors of Search volume, Competators etc. In my opinion first have to choose the keywords which are less competation and high search volume. So that those keywords come up. Then it will be easy for bringing to top poistion the other keywords with high competation.

WebDevelomentCompany, May 4, 2016 IP
    Okay here's the deal, a few things let me tell you from my experiences. These insights are based on google's keyword planner tool. First keywords with high competition and low cost are not going to take you anywhere. You see competition here means that the search engine has got plenty of websites ranking on that keyword, so why would you go for a rat race, where there's no point of traffic assurance. Go for keywords with medium or low competition and a high cost, as these keywords are going to be the lead generating keywords. On the internet, there will be thousands of websites in the same domain, and companies make sure that they are able to target every possible keyword. You need to be very innovative with the keyword research, in order to stay ahead in the competition. Keyword research can be made simple. You should not take it as a rocket science, it's very psychological, just put yourself in the shoes of your customer. Jot down a list of target audience, and think if you were the audience how would you search about a services. Just put that keyword on google and in the end of page you may find other related keywords. Just go back to keyword planner, check the competition and cost, and it becomes easier for you to judge which will beneficial for your website.

Sakshi Bali, May 5, 2016 IP
  16. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Aside from Keyword tools as a guide for average searches, it would be great if you consider the target users inquiry for your target keyword "Mac Repair" Analyze and study your audience behavior by joining related active online communities in the web.

KylieSweet, May 5, 2016 IP
  17. DarwinJones

DarwinJones Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds good! How did you get those scores?

DarwinJones, May 5, 2016 IP
  18. mikehende

Best Answers:
    This is super advice, thank you very much for explaining this to me in such terms!

mikehende, May 10, 2016 IP
  19. Sakshi Bali

Sakshi Bali Member

Best Answers:
    Always happy to help.

Sakshi Bali, May 10, 2016 IP
  20. RankWebz

RankWebz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Go to Google Keyword planner, make a list of highest searched keywords, preferred to make a long tail keywords because its easier to compete in market. And choose your keyword by keeping this in mind that what the user will search when he will come to get your services optimized by SEO.

RankWebz, May 12, 2016 IP