1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do you check on your editor application status?

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by gregdavidson, Dec 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trustnobodynever

trustnobodynever Peon

Best Answers:
    Just look at the last threads closed there , and look at the threads form resource-zone forums too within the suggesting sub forums last two threads closed too yesterday at night , same things same way to act when peoples asking about things which can be broking the rules and the guidelines .

trustnobodynever, Jan 27, 2009 IP
  2. Ivan Bajlo

Ivan Bajlo Peon

Best Answers:
    But you and others have no problem with accusing me of doing something horribly wrong and being found out when there isn't single proof in my logs (or do you think I was so good that I've hacked the server and forged the logs putting blame on some meta? :eek: )? Talk about double standards? :p

And to get back on topic, I've reported bunch of dead links which where quickly fixed but what is the point of only deleting dead links when the same categories didn't get any new website listed in years? In the end many categories will be delete beacuse they won't have single website left!

http://www.resource-zone.com/forum/showpost.php?p=231834&postcount=2822
    http://www.resource-zone.com/forum/showpost.php?p=232559&postcount=2846
    http://www.resource-zone.com/forum/showpost.php?p=232776&postcount=2850
    http://www.resource-zone.com/forum/showpost.php?p=232914&postcount=2856
    http://www.resource-zone.com/forum/showpost.php?p=233221&postcount=2865
    http://www.resource-zone.com/forum/showpost.php?p=235758&postcount=2912
    http://www.resource-zone.com/forum/showpost.php?p=235764&postcount=2913

Ivan Bajlo, Jan 27, 2009 IP
  3. trustnobodynever

trustnobodynever Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't worry about the links which aren't appropriate there are tools who can check if the links respect the guidelines and the rules ! :)

4. Ivan Bajlo

Ivan Bajlo Peon

Best Answers:
    Those tools seems to be mostly used to keep constant check on ex-editors websites so they could delist their websites at the first opportunity they get. Out 9 links to my website which existed before I even become editor only 2 remain alive today, plus 2 which I've added amongst 240 other people websites which I listed and even cooled some of them for being way better then my own.

5. trustnobodynever

trustnobodynever Peon

Best Answers:
    as per guidelines said , and suppose you like ex-editor there know well them more than me : NONE of the links added on ODP are guaranteed and permanent listings , so maybe your links aren't providing now any value , getting them removed :) , So this means one more time the rules are respected by the editorial team , thing's which I cant understand if they found your links like unapropiate for example , how's come they didnt find on same way :
    1. link there whith domain is NOT developed anymore , with the all routing info deleted , abandoned expiring withing few months ( yes I know I arleady booked it for buying :) ) - what a selfish person I`m !!!
    2. one link pointing on one free subdomain on geocities , poor html page even for my eyes like an not so experienced person , full with links pointing to different amazon products ( same things been there since 2001 when was created this page , still there after 2002 when this page was last time edited )
    3. One other link which is listed there like a folder ( domain [dot]extension/foldername ) main domain been used for selling a known mlm/get rich quick scheme .
    4 . Another highly valuable link which is redirect to one of most known girls comunity on the net ( same content and same owner over the time conform with web.archive.org and whois records too ) .

6. karamendos

karamendos Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    SAme here, never received email from them.

karamendos, Jan 27, 2009 IP
    Ivan Bajlo likes this.
  7. Ivan Bajlo

Ivan Bajlo Peon

Best Answers:
    they can only wish, my little 2300+ multilanguage multitopic websites did slow down its growth since I got many new things to do but it is still growing and keeps getting better and has few more links that should be listed not to mention it is literally only websites on the net which covers certain topics most people have never even heard of (and probably do not give a dam :D)

ex-editor websites get special attention :p

8. Anonymously

Anonymously Notable Member

Best Answers:
    DMOZ editors, as far as I know are not moderators on this forum. They are, I understand on RZ. We only post here, if you have an issue with the threads closed then contACt the moderators, ODP editors can't close or operate the forums here, that is Digital Point staff.

Anonymously, Jan 27, 2009 IP
  9. makrhod

makrhod Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't recall the last time DMOZ staff posted on an external forum. The volunteer editors who try to assist people with genuine enquiries on forums such as this and Resource-Zone do so in their free time, in an effort to increase understanding of the directory.
    If our answers seem repetitive, that's inevitable when the same questions get asked over and over and over and over ...

makrhod, Jan 27, 2009 IP
  10. makrhod

makrhod Peon

Best Answers:
    As I have explained, editor applications are reviewed by one or more volunteer meta editors or catmods (see my previous posts for more explanation of these terms).
    To repeat, every applicant receives feedback with either a Welcome letter (if they are accepted) or an explanation and suggestions (if they are unsuccessful).

People who do not receive such letters have usually forgotten to check their spam filters. :rolleyes:

If you wish to find out if your application is still awaiting review, you are welcome to do using the link I provided earlier in this thread.

makrhod, Jan 27, 2009 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.